Dragonblood questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnsfarms

Reaction score
Made the batch, great,but something strange.. Most everyone I let try my stuff likes sweet wine, some sweeter is better for them, but my db is dry, 1.000 sg, it's 3 months old now, why is it giving the impression of a sweet batch, I usually back sweeten to 1.04 for those that want it sweet, but they like this dry batch. Made the batch per the recipe .wondering for my sake what fools the taste buds in this wine..

Could they be equating astringency level with dryness and sweetness? If your DB has a moist mouthfeel, they may be responding to that.

That's a new term to me, please remember I'm a novice at this, maybe that explains why a white cheap from bottled juice made my mouth feel so wet, please explain that if you don't mind and how do you achieve that effect?

So bitterness is another term for that, I did add some oak chips to the db,

I've been drinking wine for a fair bit longer than I've been making it, so I'll let the experts comment on how to achieve the effect of astringency. I only know that tannins play a part in it. I prefer the wine I drink to not suffer from it so much. But you can have sweet wine that has a dry mouthfeel. I've never thought of it as bitter though. It's the feeling you get in your mouth if you lick a cinnamon stick.

Back