Dragon blood ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnsfarms

Reaction score
Starting a batch of dragons blood, does it not need campden tablets?

Last edited:
That's the recipe I am using, just wondering if there was any tablets needed at the beginning, just started it in primary, most everything calls for the addition to soak the first 24 hrs, just wanting to check its not a typo , sure is a pretty color,and it's just getting started,,,,,,

When I make it with commercialy frozen fruit I dont use the kmeta at the beginning of ferment as the fruit has been flash frozen. I believe this basically pasturizes it. If I used fresh fruit that I have frozen I use 1/4 tsp kmeta for 6 gal 24 hrs before pitching my yeast. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's the recipe I am using, just wondering if there was any tablets needed at the beginning, just started it in primary, most everything calls for the addition to soak the first 24 hrs, just wanting to check its not a typo , sure is a pretty color,and it's just getting started,,,,,,

You are fine, just follow the instructions as they are written, at least for the first time, and you will be very pleased with the finished product. Then for your next, next, etc. you will probably start making tweaks here and there.

Latest posts

Back