Dragon Blood: Triple Berry Skeeter Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a quick question about your recipe! I want to start a batch this week. I have the largest bottle I could get at Walmart of realemon juice. It's the large one. It's 945ml which is a hair less than 32oz. The recipe calls for one 48 oz bottle? Is there another size bottle that I can't find? How much would the recipe change if I just used 32oz? Or should I just buy another bottle? Thanks! Excited to try this!

I know some folks with acid relux have made it with less than 48oz, with good results. I think you'd be fine. If you're concerned, look for a 16oz bottle to add to what you have. It doesn't have to be Realemon. Other brands will work just fine.

Or just go with what you have. It'll work.

Has anyone tried adding Concord grapes to this recipe? If so, how much did you add and how much did it change the flavor profile of this recipe - good or bad? I tried to do a search on this but didn't come up with anything. Thanks!

I did try concord grapes, but did not care for it...but when i made a dragon
blood using all concord it was excellent..
i think the mix of grapes and berries is not good....
i think grapes should be just that, grape wine with out any other fruit.
thats just me..maybe others have a different view...

Thanks Tess and James! I'll keep it simple as I could only find the 4 berry blend at Walmart anyways so it won't be 100% true to the original recipe anyway. Well here's to a my life before DB! I'll be starting mine tonight! This should keep us out of our other wines that must age!

Haha! I am glad I found this forum and all these awesome recipes! Going to be an adventure for sure!

I was really lucky to get this 10 or 11 gallon fermenting pail yesterday, so I am very excited that my 6 gallon batch of "quad berry" pee has tons of space above my fruit. Can I skip the step of removing the fruit to stir vigorously daily? As long as I stir and squeeze correct? I probably have 18 to 24 inches of extra space... And I modified so I could make a bit extra in case I need top up.

sure, with that much room, i would leave the fruit in, squeeze the heck out of it, and then stir the heck out of it..

Yay!! What target SG are people shooting for after fruit is put in but before fermentation?

a lot of people here try to get there sugar level with fruit up to 1.095.
which will give you about 12% abv.
I shoot for 1.110 for a higher abv.

I bumped a batch up to 14%.
I dont like to waste my time when sitting by the pool drinking!

HELP! I just finished up a 23 liter batch of tropical DB variant... 4lbs of pineapple, 4lbs of mango, 4 liters of pineapple juice, 2 cups of lime juice, and sugar up to 1.095... Last night I filtered and backsweetened with 4 cups of sugar aaaannnndddd.... nothing. Like kissing your sister. Smells great, but flavor is very weak. In retrospect I should have used a flavored concentrate to sweeten... Any ideas on how can I "save" this batch? I am worried anything I add at this point will end up oversweetening the batch...

a lot of people here try to get there sugar level with fruit up to 1.095.
which will give you about 12% abv.
I shoot for 1.110 for a higher abv.

The sheet that came with my hydrometer puts 1.095 at 12.7. When I run it dry to .995, I then add an addtional .7. That makes 13.4.
How are you getting only 12 from 1.095?

Last edited:
ou8amaus.. pineapple and mango are both light in flavor at the amounts you started with. i would buy a few fresh pineapples, peel and core,
chop up and add with a can of pineapple juice and put on stove on med and cook it down to a syrup, strain and add to the wine.
since you added sugar all ready, you wouldnt want to add more.
except what is natural in the pineapple.
when i make my pineapple blood, i use 14 40oz cans of juice (3 gl batch)
when i make my mango blood i use 40 lbs of mangos for a 3 gallon
and 60 lbs for a 5 gallon

Latest posts

Back