Dragon Blood: Triple Berry Skeeter Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dave...my big 2 25 gallon batches, there in the clearing stage...after 2 1/2 weeks maybe the top 1 inch is darker..

i just started a small 6 gallon batch of strawberry/mulberry...I added the fruit , water, and pectin...i will wait 12 hours let the fruit break down before i take a sg reading and add sugar...
usually i have taken sg when I add sugar, etc...this time i want the fruit to break down some...see if its different.

My blackberry was something like that James.I racked to secondary to finish off the fermentation and it stayed cloudy for awhile. Then it dropped a couple of inches the next couple of days. Then a couple of days after that I went down to the basement to check it and all the sediment dropped out to the bottom!
Maybe yours will do the same. Hope so anyway....

i didnt have 10 5 gallon carboys..i have most tied up...i have a mango,peach,honeydew,welches and two pineapples going.. plus the 75 gallon primary and the two 25 gallon fermenters..I have no room left.

The finished product.. Would have liked to add the color digitally but it was proving to more work than it was worth.. Still came out pretty nice except for the poor picture quality..

image-4077051159.jpg

image-3307225660.jpg

i didnt have 10 5 gallon carboys..i have most tied up...i have a mango,peach,honeydew,welches and two pineapples going.. plus the 75 gallon primary and the two 25 gallon fermenters..I have no room left.

Wow. Thats a lot of drinking to do!

Mine has been stabilized and setting in the carboy for over two weeks. lol. I need to run to the wine store for more carboys and bottles lol. Its completely clear I just don't have a carboy free to rack it to.

Mine has been stabilized and setting in the carboy for over two weeks. lol. I need to run to the wine store for more carboys and bottles lol. Its completely clear I just don't have a carboy free to rack it to.

Rack it back to your fermenting bucket, wash your carboy out, and rack back to the carboy...or just bottle out of your bucket.

Im out of sorbate too :) I know, Im falling apart!!! Its bulk aging :)

Ok so while labeling our DB bottles last night i noticed a small area on the bottom of the bottle that looked like a smudge... After closer examination I found out it is actually on the inside of the bottle and mixes back into the wine if turned over. It's actually on every bottle of DB and seems to be in the the bottom of the bottles where the air bubble rests when the bottles are on there sides. It doesn't really look like a sediment and the wine was completely clear when we bottled(cleared for just over two weeks)
Does anyone have any idea what this may be? I'm just worried its a bacteria or something? I did read about tannin deposits and oxidizing but I'm to new to this to know how to tell?

Please help
Thnx
Steve

Tess..I hate it when every thing runs out at one time.
For me its an 85 mile trip to the closest supply store...saw i try to buy in bulk. This morning.....I had one packet of yeast left...dang it.
Now i have to make a 4 to 5 hour trip and get supplies.

steve, did you open a bottle...i would open one and pour in another class container and look at it better...maybe stir it, and see if goes away, are just stays the same...
just trying to help..have no idea what it could be, but im new also.

Latest posts

Back