Dr. Pepper Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

sjo

Reaction score
Do you think Dr. Pepper wine is possible? If so what might be some recipe ideas. We make wine with everything from fruit to weeds so I figured I'd like to try this.
Thanks
Scott

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I highly dought its possible as it contains Benzoate and that is 1 ingredient to look out for along with sulfites as it will make a fermentation very hard to start. I dont know what amount they use so the only real way to tell is to try!

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
SJO, I don't feel so lonely, i was begining to think I was the only goofy one on here. And we might be related cause I keep telling everyone I am going to make wine from grass clippings just to prove it can be done, and who knows, it actually might turn out to be pallatable. There was someone on here not to long agao who tried to make wine with sugar water.
:D

cpfan

Reaction score
SJO, I don't feel so lonely, i was begining to think I was the only goofy one on here. And we might be related cause I keep telling everyone I am going to make wine from grass clippings just to prove it can be done, and who knows, it actually might turn out to be pallatable. There was someone on here not to. long agao who tried to make wine with sugar water.
:D
If your grass is anything like this area, you're talking about dandelion wine.

Steve :b

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
You can make a wine with sugar water and thats what distillers do to make a neutral spirit(DONT ASK ME HOW I KNOW THIS) I will say that it dont taste very good and I bet grass clippings wouldt be any better but you would need some sort of sugar or starch to turn into sugar.

CGI

Reaction score
If your grass is anything like this area, you're talking about dandelion wine.

Steve :b
No doubt! With the elimination of traditional weed control products Ontario is dandelion country.

gonzo46307

Reaction score
Classic Liquors makes an amaretto kit, that would be the same taste profile as Dr Pepper, except at about 20% ABV.

Peace,
Bob

Dave1

Junior
Reaction score
Firstly I just want to apologise for necroing an old thread, i know this always seems to annoy people (however I'm sure people would still moan if i started a new one on the same subject so I can't really win anyway)

Secondly, I'm new here hello, I felt the need to reveal my discovery but no one i knew really cared so I've ened up here!

Thirdly, having just had two glasses of it, i can verify it is possible to make Dr Pepper wine

All i did was chuck two bottles of Dr Pepper in with some sugar (about half a kilogram, sorry i wasn't being exact) and some wine yeast and left it for a couple of months.

I'll be honest however, it isn't actually that interesting - it's reasonably potent but it doesn't actualy taste of much

Minnesotamaker

Pee Meister
Reaction score
I've also followed some threads where people have tried making wine out of cola and powdered orange drink. If I remember right, both fermented but the flavor left much to be desired.

sjo

Reaction score
I have been planning on trying it some day, just never got to it yet. Sounds like it may need an f-pac of Dr. Pepper syrup, or better yet, start with the syrup.
Dr. Pepper and Hersheys kisses have some intense flavors together, maybe try that in the wine.
Sjo

UglyBhamGuy

Advanced Noob.
Reaction score
Dr Pepper is considered a "cherry cola".
You can buy soda extracts to make "yeast-carbonated sodas" why couldn't you let this ferment more into an alcoholic beverage?

GrandpasFootsteps

Hillbilly-In-Training
Reaction score
You can try the original cane sugar recipe syrup from the Dublin factory in Texas.

Ingredients from the label: Imperial Pure Cane Sugar, Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Artificial and Natural Flavor, Sodium Benzoate, Caffeine.

drpepper.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts