donut wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy123

Reaction score
i had some friends about a decade back. i found them hitch hiking thru orlando.they looked like they were on their way home from woodstock. they were returning from a couple yearson saint thomas us virgin islands.anyhow they told me a story about bob day,and bob day's donut wine.it seem bob would collect jelly donuts from dunkin donuts dumpsters.after many times of trying to keep bob day from their dumpster the dunkin manager agreed to leave bob old jelly donuts bagged beside the dumpster.usvi is a little warm for fermenting 365 times a year.bob was not fazed.bob would bury a batch of jelly donuts with water in a trash bag and had several subterra carboys going at a time.as with all caribbean stories ,bob had a treasure map to keep track of his winery.as i was told ,he left the top of the bag above grade and had a long plastic straw to use as testing equiptment.i've had a LOL episode each time i've told or recalled bob days story. one day i may try making bob days wine
LOL

What a perfect ingredient for wine! Sugar provided already, flavors-depending on jelly used and yeast already in the product(although probably dead)
smiley5.gif

I may have to go to Dunkin' Donuts and try a batch- shouldn't take more than a few hundred per gallon at about 50 cents apiece or so
smiley3.gif
smiley36.gif

fish1onthefly said:
This sounds like a 5.00 wine candidate

Only if you dumpster dive for the donuts. Otherwise a Krispy Kreme wine might have you declaring bankruptcy.

Back