Does this blend sound good? 60% Amarone 40% Barolo?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If these two are really nice, commercial wines, I would not dilute either, as the results are not likely to be as good as either by itself. These are truly special wines all by themselves.

If these are from kit, they are likely only Amarone and Barolo "style" and possibly not the real thing, depending on the kits. In this case, give it a try and let us know how it turns out.

I agree, blend in small quantities in various ways and make your decision then and only then.

I agree with trying a bottle or two first. Amarone is already a blend, so I'm not sure what would happen to the balance by adding in the barolo, but experimentation is how interesting things happen!

Blending parties can be fun. Ask a few people who like wine similar to you to come on over for some fun. Get out the tasting glasses and a few measuring cups or beakers. Open a bottle of each wine and start out with something like a 50/50 blend. Say a half cup of each or maybe 200 ml of each. Mix them a bit , let stand a couple minutes to build anticipation and then pour everybody a small taste of each wine. Have them comment and make some notes. Get out the twister board to liven it up a bit..... just kidding......
Next try a 75/25 blend doing the same and then reverse it with a 25/75 blend and so on until the wine is all gone. Compare the notes and determine how many liked each one best. You can prepare the mixes ahead, but it is kind of fun to have the others watch as you mix them up. The more they taste, the more they will all laugh.

Use your imagination and these can be very enjoyable for all and then you know which blend will be better. Have fun.

Latest posts

Back