Do you give your skeeter pee........

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pg55

Reaction score
a different name? I am on my second day of making some pee and want to give it a different name. So I came up with "pipi di gatto". It just sounds so sexy when the female voice in Google Translate says it:w. I had another name picked out but it may be on the edge. So what name do you call your pee?

I'm half way through making my first batch of Skeeter Pee as well as a Quad Berry Skeeter Pee. The names I've decided on are:

Tinkle Tea
Tinkleberry Tea

Not sure these names will encourage others to taste but hey...I like them!

My skeeter pee is a blend of cherry wine and the lemon starter. I call mine Cherlemon wine

just stared our first batch last night .... we will call it something different because the name grosses my wife out :)

They're like children! I just have to name them all!

Original Lemon: littLEMONkey
Triple Berry Lemon: Dragon Blood
Blueberry/Raspberry Lemon: Jet Blue
Strawberry Lemon: Sweet Strawberry Tart

I need to branch out in my skeeter pee making. I got hooked on the Dragon Blood. It's so good, that's all I want! :dg

They're like children! I just have to name them all!

Original Lemon: littLEMONkey
Triple Berry Lemon: Dragon Blood
Blueberry/Raspberry Lemon: Jet Blue
Strawberry Lemon: Sweet Strawberry Tart

I need to branch out in my skeeter pee making. I got hooked on the Dragon Blood. It's so good, that's all I want! :dg
Why not simply name them Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.....? :)

I call it skeeter pee. I could not possibly come up with a better name than that!

I second that, besides you get all kind of funny looks when you holler across the yard to the misses to bring me another peter:)

When I get my first batch going after vacation, I intend on calling it "The Tattooed Skeeter." We are invested with skeeters here and my wife and I are covered in tats! I might refine the name, but that is a start at least. I plan on trying a batch of Dragon Blood after I move my first batch into the secondary.

I've heard it called many different things. I do ask one kind favor if possible: If you print labels, include somewhere in small print "my version of Skeeter Pee" or www.skeeterpee.com. The reason for mentioning Skeeter Pee is that many people have been introduced to by trying someone else's batch and would like to make it themselves. Knowing the originating name will allow them to find the website and the multitude of forums and blogs discussing the process of making it.

I guess I kept it simple with my first variation from the original Skeeter Pee, it still keeps it's heritage.

Berry Blend Skeeter Pee

It's not a bad idea for the web reference for the site on the label.

I call it SKEETER PEE (any my labels will include a notation that says "Learn more at www.skeeterpee.com"

An individual who just happens to own a winery was insulted when he saw the label I made for a friend's wedding. Said that if he had hired me to make a label for him, and I came up with a wine name like that and a label such as I did, he would fire me. Then went on to tell me that making wines such as Skeeter Pee, chocolate wine and meads were trash. And that making wine from honey was sacriligious and pagan, and the wines I make as am amateur will construct my professional career....mind you I have no intention of EVER being anything other than an amateur who will make what I want to make.

I will say this about the label: the bride/groom were consulted and they were adamant that it be called SKEETER PEE because they fell in love with it, they read the info at www.skeeterpee.com just as I asked them to and the bride's Grandmother absolutely cracked up laughing anytime someone mentioned the wine. She was Irish through and through so wine was not normally on her "menu", but she fell in love with Skeeter Pee (I now keep her supplied). I will attach my label and you can tell me if it was that horrid (note: this label did NOT mention the website but every guest knew the story of the wine because they asked!!) And to date, I have had 23 people contact me asking for permission to use my label design.

View attachment SkeeterPee no names.pdf

Last edited:
saramc,

I'd say the individual who gave you that earful about the label takes himself WAY too seriously and needs to get a life.

Love the label. Very nice gesture to do that for your friends.

Jim

Some people fully believe that there is only one way and one way only to do things, they just need to get out a bit more.

I like the label, for a friend or not it just fits perfect.

Where did you attach the label? I would like to take a look at it. I have not made my first batch of anything yet, but if people never think outside of the box they will never truly experience life or wine making for that matter.

Latest posts

Back