Do many of you actually have a Wine Cellar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A meal in your cellar sounds great! Al, I never asked nor did I ever notice. I tried that magnicant blend oy yours, How many other wines did you make besides that one and did those change this year? Cany wait till your up and running as i may just have to make the drive up there and visit you! Maybe Ill even get a discount! :):):):)

you know the old saying Wade...i will give you the nickle tour :) just dont exect much..i did EVERYTHING on BUDGET and trying to do all the work the first two yrs by only myself was not easy...if anyone else is reading this...dont try to plant 1400 vines in one yr by yourself...dont try to weed it yourself..spray yourself ect etc etc if you also have other work
i have mistakes to correct...chief among them i need more posts in my trellis system

having said that..i would not trade what i did for anything...but also my body could not do it again :)

we made three Signature Blends...all related.....each has a different personality...one is light, bright and lively..even spice so i gave it the name Vivace.....a second is silky and live liquid velvet on the mouth...i call it Mirabella...which also happens to be a town from which some of my female relatives are from...a third will sort of be our centerpiece of the Signature Blend Trilogy...its is called Cenare which means and is for that important dinner from banquet to formal dinner and to the small intimate dinner....more wines are going to be ready in the next 1-2 yrs as grape harvest pounds increase

a friend came over this afternoon w a Foch wine made here in NH...after lunch we went over to the winery and tasted mine as this is one of my varieties....mine i was happy to find even at this early stage was right there w the one my friend brought..except fruitier and more intense...trust me that comment is one of RELIEF...because when you work w a new grape you do worry about the end game....cripes a baby only takes 9 months....from plant date to first harvest is really 3-4 yrs...add another 1-2 for wine making...cripes 4-6 yrs! (you got me wound up) I know Rich is the same as me only w more experience..you worry if you are doing the right thing...it would be easier to grow corn! :) esp after a bad winter.....foch is borderline at my place vis a vis winter kill...i did not harvest the size crop i had hoped to...but it is making a decent wine

:gn

Well for me its always the same or more. Somewhere over 1500 bottles would be safe. I always have wine fermenting/aging all year (look at my signature).

I am over 800 bottles and chalk full even after the big party this weekend. Just bottled 13 gallons and have about ten carboys full. Two more kits arrived from George today and heading up to Walkers on Thursday. HELP ME, I am obsessed and can't help myself.:dg My only salvation is I look at Tom then think 'Oh I'm not so bad"!

Back