Diving in (again)!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SusannaB

Junior
Reaction score
I'm Susanna and I'm a third - generation wine maker.
I've just returned to winemaking after a gap of three years and I've decided to stick to single gallons - much lighter, especially using the new PET demijohns!
Fermenting at the moment are Mead, Fig & Rosehip Sherry, Seville Aperitif and I've just bottled a Red Berry Wine made from frozen fruit.

Attachments

• IMG_20231101_114002.jpg
    IMG_20231101_114002.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Welcome to WMT! I started with 1 gallon batches but couldn't let the small quantities age long enough to be very good! 😁 I do like the 3 gallon size carboys so I generally do 3 gallon batches or split 6 gallons into two 3 gallons. I do have a couple 5 gallon carboys so sometimes I will use one of those and a 1 gallon, but they do get too heavy!

Welcome to WMT! I started with 1 gallon batches but couldn't let the small quantities age long enough to be very good! 😁 I do like the 3 gallon size carboys so I generally do 3 gallon batches or split 6 gallons into two 3 gallons. I do have a couple 5 gallon carboys so sometimes I will use one of those and a 1 gallon, but they do get too heavy!
Yes the 5gall are far too heavy for me now!
I'm concentrating on variety for now!

Yes the 5gall are far too heavy for me now!
I'm concentrating on variety for now!
You might consider buying the All in One vacuum pump. The company owner (Steve) is active on the forum and provides top notch customer service.

I am not a customer (yet), but have spoken with Steve. I have a few use cases the AiO doesn't work for, due to batch size, so I purchased a different pump ... which crapped out this morning during pressing. It's probably fixable, but not during pressing.

You might consider buying the All in One vacuum pump. The company owner (Steve) is active on the forum and provides top notch customer service.

I am not a customer (yet), but have spoken with Steve. I have a few use cases the AiO doesn't work for, due to batch size, so I purchased a different pump ... which crapped out this morning during pressing. It's probably fixable, but not during pressing.
I love my All In One Wine Pump! Steve was great when I had questions. I don't lift my full 5 gallon carboys at all.

Back