xxplod

Needs intervention!
Reaction score
hi again,
has anyone ever used this and what were your results if so? thanks

Bud

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
I've never used a distiller's yeast in my wine. I have used it for some other things and it seemed to work very well. Mine was a straight distiller's yeast and not a turbo yeast.

xxplod

Needs intervention!
Reaction score
yea im just checking into it as i found it for $8.00 a lb and clames to produce up to 22% i was thinking peach brandy :d

xxplod

Needs intervention!
Reaction score
48 hr turbo yeast

i used a bag of this mile hi 48 hour turbo yeast as directed per pack it sure live up to its name bubbled like mad for first two days -says 14% in 48 hrs 20% in 5 days it tastes like crap:s needs some sorta flavor

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
I put it in at end after other yeast has fermented it almost finished. This has worked to jack up alcohol levels without the nasty taste. I just did it in the "Knock The Panties Off Strawberry" Wine and it has been a hit.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Distillers yeast is good, just dont use that Turbo yeast as that stuff is nasty!!!!!!!!

Dugger

Reaction score
i used a bag of this mile hi 48 hour turbo yeast as directed per pack it sure live up to its name bubbled like mad for first two days -says 14% in 48 hrs 20% in 5 days it tastes like crap:s needs some sorta flavor
Yes, most use it as a base and add a flavour bottle, be it spiced rum, whiskey or whatever you fancy; also it benefits greatly from charcoal filtering.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
This has worked to jack up alcohol levels . I just did it in the "Knock The Panties Off Strawberry" Wine and it has been a hit.
Did it get the result you were looking for? :)

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
Well I tripped while taking a leak when I dropped my pants, does that count?

Latest posts