Different Fruit Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjdtexan

Reaction score
Well, I have discovered I like the fruit wines better so I have

a) 3. gallons of apple concentrate
b) 1 gallon of strawberry (from 5 lbs of fresh strawberry)
c) 1 gallon of Welches cherry-apple-grape concentrate
d) 1 gallon of Jumex peach
e) 1 gallon of a super crazy experiment from the left over stawberrypulp,a can of orange concentrate and 64 oz of Jumex Mango.

Going to start a batch of strawberry banana tomorrow.

oh snap,,,,,,,,that sounds refreshing!!!!
smiley36.gif

MidTexan,

How much you making? And what is your recipe?

tepe said:
MjdTexan,

How much you making? And what is your recipe?

the quote below is how much I am making. The recipe's came off of Jack Kellers website. The welches cherry-apple-grape from concentrate is the same recipe as the apple concentrate for Jack Kellers website only with the cherry-apple-grape concentrate instead of the apple concentrate.

mjdtexan said:
Well, I have discovered I like the fruit wines better so I have

3. gallons of apple concentrate
1 gallon of strawberry (from 5 lbs of fresh strawberry)
1 gallon of Welches cherry-apple-grape concentrate
1 gallon of Jumex peach
1 gallon of a super crazy experiment from the left over stawberry pulp, a can of orange concentrate and 64 oz of Jumex Mango.

Going to start a batch of strawberry banana tomorrow.

I didn't realize that was all you were using. so you are making a Strawberry, Peach, Cherry, Apple, Banana, grape, mangowine.. Some interesting mix. Let us know how it comes out. Howmany #'s banana's you gonna use?

Fruit wines are the bomb and still my fav. but I refuse to make small batches as even if they dont come out great there is always a way to make them great.

Wade I agree. It is easier to "fix" 6 gallons of wine than a 1 gallon. It looks like he has 7 gallons in his recipe. LOL, providing it's all used.
smiley2.gif

tepe said:
I didn't realize that was all you were using. so you are making a Strawberry, Peach, Cherry, Apple, Banana, grape, mangowine.. Some interesting mix. Let us know how it comes out. Howmany #'s banana's you gonna use?

I am SO sorry, no, I am making all of those as seperate batches of wine. You really have me laughing right now. Thats my fault. How funny.

Each line is a seperate batch

LOL
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

like wade said.. "think there are different batches".

I conjure larger batches are easier to correct when you have a real direction to go to ,,but we all experiment,,,with odds and ends..........but 1 gallon batches are not the way to go........

I know, I know, but its fun. I do have a 3 gallon batch going. I will fill the 6 gallon and 5 gallon carboy pretty fast I expect.

One thing for beginers. You need to get more carboys faster that you realize. Once you get "The Bug" watch out....
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

yes we know the feeling of not enough all to well and more is always in front of us wino's,makers that is////////

tepe said:
One thing for beginers. You need to get more carboys faster that you realize. Once you get "The Bug" watch out....
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
</font>

Amen to that...............

Weird thing about the fresh strawberry recipe, that 1 gallon batch has a LOT of sediment in it. I will take a picture of it tomorrow to show yall. I mean it looks like an abnormal amount of sediment. Of course with my limited experiance I could be wrong but the other recipes that I started on the same day are not throwing that much sediment.

Mjd

mjdtexan, I have made a gallon of strawberry wine also. And there is ALOT of sediment at the bottom.
This past weekend I racked to a primary bucket thru a strainer bag and got alot of it out. But there is still alot at the bottom.
smiley5.gif

Back