Degassing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper

Reaction score
I am making my first blackberry winefrom the berries a pick up this summer, do I need to degas the wine like I use to do with wine kit? If yes when?

Here is a picture, 5 days after fermenting

2005-12-12_133022_DSCF0337.JPG

Yes Casper, you will need to degass. It should be done at the time your wine is stabilized.

I is a beautiful color!Onceour yeastsare done working, wego to it. I think sooner is better than later for this. Then it's done when you're working to clear your wines and you're not stirring up your lees.

I have25 Liters, It is a macro picture that probable why it seem to have a lot of free space. Now it is in a glass carboy, I will take a picture tonight a post it.

PolishWineP said:
I is a beautiful color!Onceour yeastsare done working, wego to it. I think sooner is better than later for this. Then it's done when you're working to clear your wines and you're not stirring up your lees.

Very interesting. I've always degassed after it's clear and that's the last thing to do on my winemaking list. I always don't want to whip the sediment around.

Thanks for the tip!

And yes, a beautiful color! Way to go!
smiley32.gif

M.Edited by: MedPretzel

The one on the left is a Port with Brandy, the 2 on the right are the Blackberries wine.

2005-12-13_173449_DSCF0352.JPG

Looks mighty good to me , bet it taste good too. going to rack all my wines tomorrow and will post pics ,

Harry

Latest posts

Back