Dandelion

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
It's been bottled, corked, capped, and labeled so I guess it belongs under this topic!
smiley4.gif
The small bottles and the tiny labels are the cutest things in the world! They're even cuter than kittens!
smiley4.gif

20080301_074041_Dandelion_bottl.jpg

Awesome as usual Joan....you certainly have label making skills!
smiley32.gif

Joan said:

We do think alike don't we Joan. Here is the label that I made last year for the Dandelion that my son started making:

20080301_092438_Dandelionlabel.jpg

Yours looks like it came out as well as his did, it makes a nice drink with some earthy overtones. It almost taste like how fresh mowed grass smells.......... well....... a little milder than that I guess.

Edit: We back sweetened ours for a sweeter drink
Edited by: jobe05

smiley37.gif
Joan, I see a major flaw in the second bottle from the left!
smiley37.gif

The wine is a half inch hiigher than any of the others! It must be defective. You must rush it without haste to the glass. Consume it with a close friend as soon as weather permits on your front porch this spring.Sip it asthe dandelions start to flower on your lawn!

Those look awesome Joan. I could kick myself in the a$$ for cutting all those dandelions, trimming all the good stuff off, packaging it in the freezer to be done later, and then throwing them away in haste a few months later.
smiley7.gif
What a maroon as Bugs Bunny would say.

That sounds like a shoulda, coulda woulda, Wade!

Don't worry! There will be more dandy lions soon! Well not soon....but eventually! I will make more because I like the price!

appleman said:
smiley37.gif
Joan, I see a major flaw in the second bottle from the left!
smiley37.gif

The wine is a half inch hiigher than any of the others! It must be defective. You must rush it without haste to the glass. Consume it with a close friend as soon as weather permits on your front porch this spring.Sip it asthe dandelions start to flower on your lawn!

LOL I forgot how to run the gravity filler! Silly me!

I love the smell of fresh mowed grass...but don't realy want to drink that smell...Smells like horse's breath too.

Very nice label Joan. NW ya don't smell a horses breath before giving it a apple to eat lol. 45 days and the Dandylions will be up, I can hardly wait
Tomy
smiley32.gif

Thanks, Waldo!

Having never had dandelion wine before I have no idea what it's supposed to taste like but what I made sure is good...to me anyway!
smiley4.gif
I'm thinking it will taste really good on a hot summer evening!

I have a partial 375ml bottle of it in the fridge... I might just open it tonight. I'll let you know.

Northern Winos said:
Had Blackbirds here today....YaaaaHoooo!!!!!

I guess that means I can start looking for them here! Spring's a comin'! Yeeehaaaa!

Joan,

Looks wonderful. I may have missed this from another post thread, but did you use one of the recipes on Jack Keller's website? If so, which one? The dandelions are out in force here in Arizona.

Another great source is http://www.mywinerecipes.comwhich now has 1051 recipes in it's database.

Latest posts

Back