Ct. Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Well tomorrow I get to be one of the judges of Ct's biggest wine comp so Ill be tasting probably around 1000 wines. I wonder how much will get absorbed through my tongue and if I have a chance of standing up afterwards! :):D:sl:):s

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
I just cant finger out how you stop drinking when you come across an awesome wine,

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Those are the ones we sneak home! :) Just kidding, I think!

Tom

Reaction score
Is this a competition that REQUIRES 2 bottles? One for tasting. One for the judges?

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
1 Bottle. The rest of the bottle goes home with and gets put in a receptacle with lots of heat and there was a lot of those 3/4 bottles to do so. I didnt take any home myself. It was fun and each of use asted about 45 bottles and yes I have a pretty good buzz! I just didnt have the heart to spit out wine that was decent although there were a few that did get spit out!

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
LMAO!

were you really buzzy after the judging Wade?

Allie

did your favourites win?

Dufresne11

Reaction score
Where

was the competition Wade? I am not to far and I would love to go to one of those things.

Dufresne11

Reaction score
C'mon Wade

Let me know where you have these comps... I think these might be valuable for me to attend and educate my palette....

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I belive the next 1 is in May at St Annes in Norwalk and the price is cheap and includes dinner with it. This is the one I enetered in, the other 1's were just to expensive at the time but i did judge the main 1 in Ct. a few months ago, that was a blast!

Dufresne11

Reaction score
I do believe

We may just meet face to face in Norwalk. That sounds like a great night