WineXpert Crushendo Castellina Supertuscan Di Siena

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
I opened a bottle of the Supertuscan last night for dinner and have to say this one ROCKS!! The date on the bottle was 1/13/07 but when I checked my records I saw that it was actually completed in August of last year andbulk aged until January so it is really a year old.

It is really bold with good oak, tannins, and dark and deep fruit aromabut the mouth-feel is what separates this one from other WE kits. The best way to describe it is "chewy" with tons of body and absolutely no KT or hint of residual sweetness.

Could this be my selection forthe People's Choice red wine entry at Winestock?...have to decide soon so I can send them down.

BTW: Dinner was an appetizer of Bruschetta(Valley Brew Style) made with roasted garlic bread grilled then rubbed with fresh garlic. The bread is topped with mixture of diced fresh tomatoes, julienned fresh basil, EV olive oil, salt and pepper and a splash of balsamic vinegar.

The main course was my sweet little wife's version of Peasant Pasta. The recipe is courtesy of Rachael Ray from the Food Network but the head chef always adds her own tweaks and kicks it up a few notches! See post in Food and Wine for recipe.

Edited by: masta

All sounds great Masta. Have you ever tried using grape seed oil. We have switched to this and love it and its better for you.

I have to agree with Mast on the Super Tuscan. I haven't been as good as he is in staying out of it. Mine is also about a year old and is just as Masta describes it. I have sampled it about evey 2 months and must say it improves with every tasting. I've given a couple bottles away recently and they are well received!

Dinner sounds great!

I made mine the same time as Masta. I still haven't bottled mine yet
smiley9.gif

Latest posts

Back