RJ Spagnols Cru Select Limited Edition Chilean Malbec

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhhhhh! The way I read it, it sounded like you opened it up and dumped the dust. Going back and reading again, you just stated it was filled with dust.

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS WINE!!! And if you don't, I'll take each and every bottle off of you.

Dean, I stirred it up tonight to get that oak under and took a taste of the stuff that was still on the spoon and it tastes incredible. By far the best tasting juice so far to my experience.

Wow!!! I added the clarifier tonight and had to make room for it so I took out my thief and stole a sample which I usually dont do as I rarely like wine this young unless it has been back sweetened which obviously this wine will not be. Let me tell you that in my opinion, this has got to be the best red wine Ive ever had. I need to know what other kits compare closely to this. Maybe its the heavy Hungarian oak chips that do it for me as I was chewing on pcs of this oak right out of its bag. I must start more of a very similar wine to this. Is an Amarone close?
Dean, you were very right on this wine and I hope they offer this again.

Edited by: wade

Racked off sediment into clean carboy and just amazed at how dark this stuff is. I really hope they eventually incorporate this 1 into their Cru Select runs cause it is awesome.
20071007_182608_Malbec.jpg

Okay i bottled this a little while ago and just to curious and had to see what a bottle of this tastes like now so that i can tell how much it will improve. Yeh right, I just need a bottle to drink but will not touch anymore for at least 6 months. I must say that this bottle is already AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proabably ould have used a little more oak as I followed directions to a "T".

Wade, I love mine just as much. Go out and purchase a good Malbec. They are typically cheap (10 - 14 bones), and are not that heavily oaked. I think this one is very close to a good Chilean Malbec without the extra oak. Of course, this is just my taste buds.

But, for what it's worth, I really love mine too. I'm also trying to stay out of it. This is one of the few that I actually bottled before 1 year.

Dean I have had a few Chilean Malbecs and that was why once I seen this at my LHBS I had o pick it up. I do prefer a little more oak and will add extra to everything from now on. I have to go taste the Valpolicella I have going and see of that needs more.

Ahhh yes what a pretty looking corner. Yes bubble bubble toil and no trouble. Thats what wine making is for me. and as always 1 carboy is just not enough .

Back