CRASH

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannabarn

Reaction score
My computer crashed so I'll be gone for awhile! I'm using my son's computer so have limited access. Hope to get mine repaired or get a new one!

Good luck. I have been adding working mine back up since having to do a total format this weekend after one of the kids introduced me to my first virus in years. Actually it was probably a hijack malware but I didn't trust 100% that I got it clean and I do banking on this machineso I wiped her clean and started over from scratch.

smiley20.gif
so far it sounds like I'm going to be lucky! They were able to clean it out and get all my pics and documents and they are now in the process of reloading all the programs. $129.00 including a new virus program! Hope it works

Hope it works Barney, we haven't been here for quite awhile either.

Gene

Hopefully it stays good for awhile, I try and try but my computers always seem to slow way down no matter what I do. Too much crap in my computer that I feel is needed.

smiley32.gif
I'm finally on good terms with my computer again. I'm no longer calling it names and cussing at it. Got it back and it is operating like new again.

They retrieved all my documents and pictures,etc. Then I took all my original discs into them and they were able to load them all back in and it worked. I now have 61% free space whereas before I was down to 31%. Now I suppose it will gradually go down percentagewise but it's better than having to buy a new computer.

Our computer crashed a few years ago...we had the recovery disks installed and had a 'like new' computer for a few years...We however had lost all our photos and information...It was all from a virus...I felt so violated.
Lately it had gone through a 'mid-life crisis' and Jim was going to have a nervous breakdown...So, we bought a new one and it is like day and night...I had been moving all the information over to the new one and things are good in Happy Town. The new one is a desktop and is still sitting on the box it came in. Will move it to the desk nad put the old one in the sewing room and probably use it to print labels till the old printer runs out of that espensive ink.

The new one was $700...that was what I wanted to spend and searched to get the most 'bang' for my buck'...foundthe HP Slimlineat Sam's and very impressed.

Then I got a printer like the neighbor had...She had been printing nice photos and figured with our trip to Mexico I will print my own photos...it is so easy to 'forget' to print out your digital photos. I had been sending them off to WalMart and picking them up at our local store...that has been working good. This new printer is a Kodak, Easy Share....Has the cheapest ink around....I looked OnLine and Best Buy had it on sale for $119 [free shipping]...so couldn't pass that up..The printer came the day before we left, so never unpacked.

A girlfrien brought this lap-top to the hospital for me to play with...she has never used it...she loves her Mac's...But this one is cleaned out of the free sample programs and everything updated now, so think it will be more user friendly for her. I think she paid under $500 seems $450]for this last fall during the Thanksgiving sales.

So, what I would like to add is that new stuff isn't as expensive as it might seem [depending on your 'wants' & 'needs'] Treat yourselves!!!

My computer is a laptop about 5 years old so I was prepared to invest in a different one. But now it is like new again and operating at the speed of when it was new. I had found a deal on a factory reconditioned Dell with Windows XP Pro and 512 mb and 40 GB for $229.00. But now that I am in love with my old one again, I guess I'll keep plugging along until it slows down again!

Latest posts

Back