cranberrys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twocat123

Junior
Reaction score
I have 10 gal of cranberry wine going. I added 14 lbs of cranberrys in each of two five gal jugs. I can not believe how red the juice is. I was woundering, can I, or should I take these cranberrys that are fermenting and add them together and try to do a new batch with them.

I have 15 more lbs in the freezer that is ready to go. Does anyone have any suggestions

You could by I wouldnt. I dont know how long youve had them in there. We usually ferment on them for 7-10 days and then throw them out for risk of fruit going bad and ruining a batch. At that point there is usually nothing to be gained from the fruit as the pectic enzyme has done its job on them.

The wine is in 6 gal beer brew bucket now. The first batch was started 6 days ago and has a slow but steady perk. The second bacth is also in a bucket (I believethey are 6 gal buckets - maybe 61/2). I started it last night, but I have not checked on it yet. I am planning on taking the cranberries out at the 8 day mark on both batches. I will then put the juice in five gal glass carboys.

Latest posts

Back