Cranberries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey

Reaction score
Just received 50# of cranberries . I'll make a batch of skeeter pee with some. Any ideas for the rest?

I make Cranberry Wine every year. It's quite good, we use 2.5 lbs of cranberries & 1 box of golden raisins per gal. We typically freeze the berries first & then run thru a food processor to chop them up. Roy

Cranberry wine can be acidic, unlike sheeter pee. :) But it does make a nice wine. I like to place a couple of cinnamon sticks in it for a while when aging.

Berries are in the freezer now. Will start my skeeter pee tomorrow, I use 30 oz of lime juice and about 10# of cranberries
Cranberry wine will come a little later. Not sure about a food processor for 40#. Sounds like a mess:). I'll have to make sure the wife is gone for the day. Lol

Used 30# of berries for five gallons last month & had skeeter pee ready for the lees when I transferred cranberry to secondary. I usually clean mine well before freezing & then press before primary. When I pour the hot water sugar mix over the berries it helps to break down further and squeezing daily when stirring breaks them down further. I usually use two fruit mesh bags for easier handling. The slurry works well when starting skeeter pee to get faster action I find.

Latest posts

Back