WineXpert CR Port Yum

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindyjo

Reaction score
Happy Holidays to all. Well I opened one of my Chocolate raspberry ports on Christmas and was pleased with the result as were my guests. It has been in the bottle for just shy of 2 months and had a very smooth taste with the chocolate and raspberry coming through nicely. Both flavors were there but not overpowering. I will probably wait another month or so to try another bottle. I cannot wait for the limited releases I ordered to come,maybe I will start my green apple reisling now that the holiday insanity is over.
Cindy

It is an awesome kit and I will most likely be doing a dble batch again this new year as my wife has been hitting them hard now!

How long should I wait?? 4-6 months ??Longer ?? "Wait" really is a 4 letter word.
smiley36.gif

I have personally not noticed this kit change that much unlike other wines, It has blended in a little bit but not much of a difference over 1 year to me.

You have said that before Wade. I am planning on opening another one in a couple months and then waiting until nextFall. Something about Port makes me think of cold weather. BTW it was 60 degrees in NJ today, of course it was 10 degrees last week so that is fun.
Cindy

Cindy, I opened a bottle of my CR Port last Sunday. It has been bottle aging for 9 months now. I tried a bottle at 3 months and it had quite a "bite" to it, but with the chocolate and the raspberry flavors coming thu.
But at 9 months it is a different story! Getting a more smooth silky feeling in the mouth and the flavors are getting mild. I was pleasantly surprised at this Port!!
smiley4.gif

Back