couple questions on champage (minimum time etc)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimTheWiner

Begintner
Reaction score
So my wife and I have decided to stop putting off having kids and try starting now, lol. Anyhow, I would really like to be able to make champagne for a future baby shower. I have read some posts by DJrockingSteve and Wade to get some ideas and from what I can see a base of sauv blanc or riesling is a good idea. My main concern is do I have enough time? Say she were to get pregnant in a month, and a bridal shower were 7-8 months later, then I would have a max of 9 months start to finish. Does this seem doable? I would say the base wine kit would could be completed in about 3 months, but I don't know about the champagne phase of the process and if it would be aged enough. Thanks in advance.

If you are looking at the Millennium kit, I read quite a few negative comments/reviews on the taste of the kit in other champagne threads that I read so I am trying to avoid it if possible.

If you are looking at the Millennium kit, I read quite a few negative comments/reviews on the taste of the kit in other champagne threads that I read so I am trying to avoid it if possible.

My family doesn't have a problem with the taste although it is a bit dry. To each there own I guess. No reason why you can't use a Reisling, ferment to dry, add some more sugar just before bottling leave out adding sorbate and K-meta and proceed as you would any sparkling wine.

Greg

I bought a kegging system and force carbonated a sweet apple that I made from scratch.

BOB

I didnt like the Millennium kit at all! Any wine that will come out crisp is a good candidate for a sparkling wine. If you can find a nice fruity Chard thnat would be good also. If you started now or even in a few months youd have plenty of time!

Latest posts

Back