Corte De Blanc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

closetwine

Advanced Idiot
Reaction score
:mI'm having a hate/hate relationship with Corte De Blanc... I looked up my old threads and seen where I had trouble wit hit last year to... I thought it was what I liked when I ordered it... 20/20 hindsight I wanted Cuvee. UGH! Darn you blasted Corte de Blanc and your false promises! Never again will you grace my carboys! :c

What are you making?
I use Cote des Blanc all the time on my fruit wines.

I've used Corte De Blanc on my first two batches of a Light Bodied Apple Wine and was planning on using it for ther next. Of course I've had limited tasting of the first two to know of it's quality.

@closetwine - What about the yeast that you are having issues with?
Please explain.

I've used Corte De Blanc on my first two batches of a Light Bodied Apple Wine and was planning on using it for ther next. Of course I've had limited tasting of the first two to know of it's quality.

@closetwine - What about the yeast that you are having issues with?
Please explain.

It's trying to get stuck and stall. I tried everything, and I do mean everything. I never had too many problems with it before, I just got annoyed last time at the slow ferment (yes, now I know that's a good thing). I got so stinking mad I took them outside and guess what... I came home any it's goin crazy again! Ugh, tempermental stuff... Plus a tempermental red-head, it's just not a good combination. I'll use it on my fruit wines still, but never again on a pee! I refuse! HAHAHA!
It's a passion fruit pee, a strawberry pee, a blueberry pee, a cherry pee, and a strawberry breeze that are giving me fits. It worked good on the mulberry pee and the margarita, and exceptionally well in the blueberry this go round.

I use that as well all the time. I used it for my Seyval Blanc and Chardonel wines this year - did a wonderful job..

Yeh, probably not the best choice for :pee.

I dunno I started a 1/2 gal of pee with it and it's going great! I was just using up the rest of the pack from the mead... Maybe some of those packs got too hot somewhere? They were well within the exp. date... Some worked great and others didn't... All were bought from same place... I dunno... Anyone else got a reason? :)

Anyone else got a reason?

I don't have an answer but now that you mention it the same thing has happened to me. I just pitch it again.

I made a starter for the ones that are giving me trouble... The mead and plain pee that are doin great I just pitched it in... LOL! Devil may care I hate you stupid yeast attitude... seems to work better for this kind?!?

I've noticed my two uses of Ctorte De Blanc yeast with a medium body apple wine starts off fast. Even though the recipe stated that it should take 5 days, with both uses of the yeast, within 3 to 4 days the SG was low enough to rack them. So I did. After that that the SG got down below 1.000 before the 4 weeks recommended time in the recipe.

After I racked my second batch for bulk aging, I had about two glasses extra and the LW and I gave it a taste. The slightly cloudy wine was dry.

I wonder if you had purchased some yeast that was old or in a package that wasn't sealed correctly or stored correctly.

It wasn't old and I stored it right but who knows... I got it from Strange Brew....

Latest posts

Back