Carboy Cleaner. Todays DIY Project

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinny

Mildly Amused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally HATE carboy brushes, but I still like a little scrubbing over just soaking some of my dirtier carboys. I saw one of these and thought Brilliant. I have never seen one to purchase and Amazon was 95 bucks. 🤮

Free, and literally 20 minutes to make. I cut the cloth into strips and threaded an inch and a half of 5/16 rod I had kicking around. Some nuts, washers, and a couple lock washers to secure everything. A thread protector and all done.

This would cost $10 even if you had no materials or tools to cut the threads. A piece of threaded rod with clear tubing (pretty sure you already have some) to protect the carboy from the threads would do just as easily.

PXL_20221111_214844504.jpg

similar to mine.
Used short piece of 1/2 inch PEX water tubing, with a dowel pushed into it for the drive end, and a small stainless bolt, with washers, on the cleaning end to hold microfiber cloth. works great, a little flex in it, easy on the carboy. Lots of ways to solve this one.

Back