Other Cornucopia 2 kits we love SALE priced on Amazon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I orderd coconut on Monday, could be something different to have around

rob Everyone who has tasted it has loved it. Had to make a 2nd kit to make sure we have enough around!

We did not age long, we started drinking it about a month or maybe a little less after it was bottled. It is a 42 day kit...Even with bumping the sugar, the coconut flavor is awesome after a little bottle time.

1.085 was the OG. That is generally where I start all fruit wines.

suecasa said:
You poor people .. it's a heat wave here today at 66 :) (upper peninsula michigan) … i almost need a heat belt for primary year round! ahh … a reason to not complain about the weather!!!

You're a Yooper, eh? We spend a lot of time in the crystal falls area. Love it up there!

Day 13 SG.994 at 73deg. Put in carboy to degas

What is up with all my pics turning the wrong way lol.

image-1800663522.jpg

Is it possible you've drunk too much of your own wine and have your camera upside down?

The Frascati took 16 days to get down to .990. added the coconut fpak and finings a fews days ago to half the batch. Had a little taste with some friends. They liked it but of course, it has a young bite so I'll wait a month before bottling.

Its going to be good. Can't wait to try it with some chunks of pineapple.

Day 15 SG .990 last 2 days and completely degassed. Added my chems Fpak and clarifiers. Sediment falling quickly.

image-921101332.jpg

Today we tried the Coconut Frascati with a few pieces of canned pineapple chunks and a small amount of the juice from the pineapple. WOW it was really good that way!

Well got my Coconut kit today, my only concern is it is only 1.6 gallon of concentrate, even the Island Mist Kits have 2 gallon. I will keep an open mind

I don't know about that Rob, but you will like/love it! Ah maybe that is Imperial gallons because it does make 6 gallons or it may be more concentrated. If I were not wine "poor" right now I would not hesitate to buy more.

Back