Other Cornucopia 2 kits we love SALE priced on Amazon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the other hand ... it works out to just over $1 a bottle ... share the joy folks!! Just tell them it's and exclusive specialty wine that is only available to the very select few ... they'd never guess!!

Amazon has a great sale!

2 different Cornucopia kits 6 gallons each! There are other varieties available too.

Strawberry Merlot $40.12 including shipping (no Prime account needed)
Coconut Frascati $36.40 including shipping (no Prime account needed)

I finally got around to starting these two kits tonight. Maybe they will be ready by the holidays. Thanks for the recommendation.

Can you believe I have not tasted mine yet....

Come on geek. It's an amazing drink. My husband was less than enthusiastic while it was fermenting. But now it's his go-to for something light!

Hi Sammy,

How long do these kits normally take to ferment? I just racked to secondary after 10 days. Strawberry Merlot is 1.010 and coconut Frascati is 1.020. My temps have been 72+. I think it is still going down, but wondered if you did anything besides add the 4 lbs of sugar syrup to each?

derunner,

My Frascati took 16 days to get down to .990 at around 72 degrees F. I believe other's were also experiencing a relatively slow ferment with these.

They did go slower towards the end. It did not occur to us to add nutrient but will when we get around to doing the 2nd Coconut Frascati.

Thanks Sammyk for recommending the Coconut Frascati. I just bottled mine last week and had to sneak a bottle today for a quick taste. I normally don't like a sweet wine but this is a great wine for the price, especially upping the Alc %. I just might order another one soon.

After a couple of months in bottle, the Raspberry Merlot is just too sweet for me. I don't have a SG reading for you, sorry. On the other hand SWAMBO and several of the neighbors like it, and it makes for some darn good sangria. No regrets but probably wont make this again.

BC

Consider adding a small amount of vodka or everclear if it tastes too sweet. Don't remember which one now and don't have my notes handy.

I just bottled 50 bottles...getting ready for gifting them...i front loaded each batch with one pound of sugar per gallon...great taste with a kick...Acl is about 14%...started with specific gravity of 1.100 fermented to 0.099.

ForumRunner_20131012_143712.jpg

Just a warning to those who have not used these kits before. The fpacks lids are stiffer/less flexible than some others like WE kits. When the lid finally popped off I spilled a couple oz of strawberry merlot syrup on me. Nice smell, but very sticky yuck!

We use scissors to cut the corner off the bag after that happened to us.

I just bottled my strawberry white merlot, and while it says blush on the box, it came out a dark red. Is everyone's red, or is mine just odd? Tastes fine, but definitely not a blush. I notice that they really jumped up in price on Amazon lately too.

Back