Other Cornucopia 2 kits we love SALE priced on Amazon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
Amazon has a great sale!

2 different Cornucopia kits 6 gallons each! There are other varieties available too.

Strawberry Merlot $40.12 including shipping (no Prime account needed)
Coconut Frascati $36.40 including shipping (no Prime account needed)

This was LESS than we paid for the first round! Even with Prime Free shipping.

Our grown daughter was here for the past 2 days and we cracked open the above and we all loved both of them so much we just ordered one of each a few minutes ago.

It's weird how they are sold, with the price being 4 cents and 2 cents, then the shipping is 36.00 and 40.00 or so. But not a bad price. When I checked the coconut was on sale, but the Strawberry Merlot was not, the Blush Melon Zinfandel was though.

At those prices... if the product is palatable, Great!. If not I may just have to start thinking outside of the box. Worst case scenario, Gift wine.

After reading some of the reviews on Amazon I may go 5-5.5 gal on this 6 gal kit. I realize doing so isn't advised on a higher end kit but this may be the one.

Add 4 pounds of sugar upfront so the OG is 1.080 to 1.085 and that greatly cuts the sweetness when you add the fruit pack. We have made over 20 of the "mist" type kits and added more sugar upfront. We have 5 of that type of kit waiting to be bottled right now.
No way would I cut back on the amount the kit makes, it is too darn good to not make the full amount and just raise the ABV.

Thanks for the heads up! I ended up getting the Cornucopia Blush Strawberry White Merlot. Since I have Prime and Amazon Mom, I was able to get it for $32.72 plus tax. Won't ship until the end of the month, but I'm busy with Skeeter Pee right now anyway.

Thanks SammyK, I will add the extra sucra. I'm always appreciative of insider information. Geekmaster, I will keep you posted. In the mean time I'd better get bottling. My 10 carboy collection is about blanked!

Sammy, do you have any recommendations for these mist type kits from Cornucopia? I've not tried this brand before, but would like to. Whats good?

derunner we love the Coconut Frascati and the Strawberry Merlot so I ordered a 2nd round of both when I saw that they were on sale. We liked the Blackberry Red Zinfandel so we made a 2nd one of it also. We did not care for the Green Apple. We considered the Red Raspberry but we have a different brand we made.

The kits come with 30 corks and 30 sleeves too so that is nice. Oh and they include labels that are nice.

This was the 2nd round we bought of Coconut Frascati and Strawberry Merlot because we loved them. The Blackberry Red Zinfandel is very good we also bought 2 kits because we liked it too. We did not care for the Green Apple but you may.
Sorry for the double post, I thought the other one "disappeared".

Amazon has a great sale!

2 different Cornucopia kits 6 gallons each! There are other varieties available too.

Strawberry Merlot $40.12 including shipping (no Prime account needed)
Coconut Frascati $36.40 including shipping (no Prime account needed)

This was LESS than we paid for the first round! Even with Prime Free shipping.

Our grown daughter was here for the past 2 days and we cracked open the above and we all loved both of them so much we just ordered one of each a few minutes ago.

is this the one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002RZ1Q8G/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Looks like it brings corks, labels, and even shrink caps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that is the one AND yes is it included shrink caps, corks and labels!

geek I called Amazon because it was confusing how it was worded. It makes 1 6 gallons of wine.
The first one I bought I did not notice the error and it was 6 gallons. I did notice the error the 2nd time around that it is quantity of 1 6 gallons.
Amazon was going to contact the shipper to have it clarified but who knows how long that will take.

We love coconut and were nuts about this variety - smells and tastes just like coconut That is why I ordered a 2nd kit and I just got notice it shipped today.
Daughter said it reminded her of suntan lotion. You know the one that smells like coconut so much you would like to eat it? LOL!

Last edited:
I promise you will not be disappointed. One thing I did not do and wished I had was stir the primary because it stalled out at 1.010. Still good though! It was a little sweet so we did add a little EverClear to balance out the sweetness.

I have never had to do that with other kits from Cornucopia so I am not sure if it was an error on our part or the kit itself. It did not stop me from buying another one that I will store in our wine cellar and make this fall. I did not want to miss out, especially a good sale.

thank you, finally do you know how long you can keep the kit out.
I'd like to order one but am out of town returning Wednesday night and not sure if I can start it within the next few days.

One more Q, did you add any sugar up front to increase the ABV?

One other thing, it is no longer being shipped by Amazon so I was a little worried that they were being discontinued. I did ask the Amazon rep and she had no answer. $36.44 was the total charged to my credit card.

Yes, we added 4 pounds of sugar upfront. We had the kit for about 6 weeks before we started it and that was not a problem. Final ABV was 11.97 but as I said, we added EverClear because it would not ferment to dry. I don't know how much it bumped the ABV but it still has a nice coconut taste and smell. We just kept adding EverClear it until we thought the sweetness was subdued.

I can tell you if you follow their directions for the lower ABV and add all the fruit pack it will be sickly sweet.

Latest posts

Back