Other Cornucopia 2 kits we love SALE priced on Amazon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our only experience with Green Apple was the Island Mist and we did not care for it so it will be given away.

Last edited:
How long has it been bottled? I didn't care for it at first either but a couple months in the bottle improved it greatly I also added half the fruit pack up front and the other half at the end. Also added 3 1/2 lbs of sugar to up the ABV in the primary but it did get better

Tess Since very early June. It was started I believe in early May so it is not young for those type of kits.

What we found about the "mist" style kits is that they are early drinkers.

they are early drinkers but they will improve in the bottle after a couple months. This one did. It started out with this acidic almost fizzy taste that dissipated and totally went away after two months in the bottle. Not from the time you pitch the yeast. In the bottle

I like coconut but not sure if I would like it in a wine. I can't get my head around how it would taste. I have a few other paklab kits going as I really like them. I'm gonna pickup a strawberry. Are these like the IM kits and should be drunk in 12 months?

kryptonitewine since we add sugar to the primary it bumps up the ABV to 10 to 12% depending on how much sugar one adds and it cuts back on the backend sweetness. We are still drinking our first mist kit, Pear Kiwi that is over a year old now. The higher the alcohol that longer they will last. Not out favorite either so we gave away a lot of them. Maybe 3 or 4 bottles left now.

I wondered about coconut but we truly love the wine and so has everyone else that we gifted bottle too.

I only did one Island Mist (Blueberry Pinot Noir) and it did seem to improve greatly after 1 month. I only added 4 cups of sugar. Sometimes I add it to Skeeter Pee to give it a little more fruit flavor but it is good on its own.

Day 13: My Frascati is now at .992 and still bubbling. It is slow even though I punched air down into the primary every day. In the secondary, I have only stirred it up a couple of times. Some wines are just slower, could be due to low pH but I never tested it.

70 deg.?? you must be up north. I'm lucky to get 78 degrees this time of year in my cellar. We are going through a cool spell this week, but the basement doesn't change much until we get into Oct. or Nov.

I like coconut but not sure if I would like it in a wine. I can't get my head around how it would taste. I have a few other paklab kits going as I really like them. I'm gonna pickup a strawberry. Are these like the IM kits and should be drunk in 12 months?

Im the same way. I love coconut but I dont like Pina Colada. Im going to order one though.. If I dont like it I know my son will. I will just give them to him ;)

My kit arrived yesterday afternoon. Won't get it started till next week.
They typically get to me within 2 to 4 days after my order has been confirmed. I think Amazon must have a distribution warehouse in Pennsylvania, and I'm only about 10 miles from the MD/PA border.

mine was ~1.000, will keep in primary bucket until fermentation is done. Are you guys racking this particular kit to a 2nd fermenter or leaving it alone and letting it go all the way dry in primary?

My kit arrived yesterday afternoon. Won't get it started till next week.
They typically get to me within 2 to 4 days after my order has been confirmed. I think Amazon must have a distribution warehouse in Pennsylvania, and I'm only about 10 miles from the MD/PA border.

Yeah, they have a center in PA now. I used to not have to pay sales tax at Amazon, but over the last year I have had to due to the dist. center being in the state that I live in.

Unless something has changed recently, it will ship from CA by Wise Electric. My second kit arrived all beat up! Somehow they ship for Amazon. First Coconut came from Amazon in 2 days because I have Prime.

You poor people .. it's a heat wave here today at 66 :) (upper peninsula michigan) … i almost need a heat belt for primary year round! ahh … a reason to not complain about the weather!!

that being said … i'm at day 8 and still 1.03 .. and starting to almost taste sour … hoping it's just the alcohol and yeast flavor .. but getting a bit concerned there is something wrong with this kit! reassured that everyone else seems to be going slowly too though!

suecasa
As former Michiganders, we feel truly feel for you! We lived 50 miles from Detroit in Rochester and later in Ortonville. We moved to NC 2000 and never looked back.

Latest posts

Back