cool bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stormy, I have not seen that particular bottle but I have seen wine from Spain that was bottled in that type of bottle. I doubt you would have any issue with your skeeterpee. I believe you would have to change the rubber gasket each time for safety sake, but they should work fine. If you want to test the idea, there are several beers that come in a bottle like that. Get one, enjoy the beer and try the bottle (with a new gasket).

Stormy, I have not seen that particular bottle but I have seen wine from Spain that was bottled in that type of bottle. I doubt you would have any issue with your skeeterpee. I believe you would have to change the rubber gasket each time for safety sake, but they should work fine. If you want to test the idea, there are several beers that come in a bottle like that. Get one, enjoy the beer and try the bottle (with a new gasket).
Rocky:

Most people reuse those gaskets several times. It's a good idea to keep several spares on hand (they don't cost much), and to check the gaskets closely each time. The gaskets and spare swing caps should be available from a good LHBS, especially one that has a good beer department.

Stormy:

WOW those bottles are neat looking but expensive.

Steve

Yea they are pricey, i did find very similar bottles from local wine shops for half the price...

I have 15 of that type, made of a bluish clear glass in Mexico in my case in the '70s. The necks on mine are very thick glass, so I eventually want to experiment with doing away with the bail system and inserting a cork in one. They would make very nice special containers for a truly awesome wine.

Yes, the rubber seals and caps are readily available online.

Latest posts

Back