Cooked my Fermentation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koolmoto

Reaction score
Hi All, the thermometer on my heat wrap fell out of the grape wine must so it kept heating all night. When I woke up it was at as high as 94 degrees inside my fermentation. I can smell there is a cooked aroma - smells kinda good actually, but I am worried I have ruined my wine. Is there any way to fix this?

Hi All, the thermometer on my heat wrap fell out of the grape wine must so it kept heating all night. When I woke up it was at as high as 94 degrees inside my fermentation. I can smell there is a cooked aroma - smells kinda good actually, but I am worried I have ruined my wine. Is there any way to fix this?

You can't undo what is done, but all may not be lost. I've purposely allowed red grape fermentations up to that temp for short periods of time to aid in extraction. Get you temps back under control and continue as normal. Hopefully, all will be well with the finished product........

You can't undo what is done, but all may not be lost. I've purposely allowed red grape fermentations up to that temp for short periods of time to aid in extraction. Get you temps back under control and continue as normal. Hopefully, all will be well with the finished product........
Ah, I see; Thanks! I'll cool it off and proceed normally and we'll see later on.

Latest posts

Back