Concern

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krhamm

Reaction score
Several months ago I've bottled three gallons of blueberry wine. This morning I've noticed one of the corks popped off. Several months before bottling I've added potassium sorbate, f-PAC, etc. I thought for sure it wouldn't ferment anymore. I find it strange that it took this long to pop a cork. Is this because I didn't degass it? Now I'm concern about my other bottles from the same batch.

This does happen unfortunately. Not sure if its a bad batch of sorbate or just super strong yeast still able to thrive in there. If you notice some wispy sediment in the bottles then there is or has been fermentation.

Please tell us exactly what you did your recipe step by step directions on what you did starting sg and ending sg before bottling how long it has been since you bottled

Like said above tell us when you started and what you did till bottling w/ timetable
You may have bottled early?

It happens. If you can get the rest of the bottles into the fridge, do so. Get that temp down.
It could be refermenting or a change in barometric pressure or just some imperfect corks.

I'm going to dig my notes back out and review it. I'll share it with you guys. May be tomorrow nite before I get back on here.

Until you drink it, unfortunately! If it has refermented and is under too much pressure.

Debbie

Latest posts

Back