Mosti Mondiale Compare MM Fresh Juice vs ALLJUICE vs Renaissance

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiat84

Reaction score
Hi:
Main goal is finding a high quality, full bodied <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Shiraz</st1:place></st1:City> or Cab red wine
comparable to a $15-20 store bought bottle. Really like the idea of the MM
Fresh Juice from <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">California</st1:place></st1:State>
and initially assumed it would make a better wine, now I am not sure what to expect.

Read through the forums/newsletters and was wondering if
anyone has any experience with the newly available MM Fresh Juice Red wine
pails http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdListMMSM.asp from <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">California</st1:place></st1:State>?
</span>The Feb newsletter had MM fresh juice from Chili, with the new stock of
MM Fresh Juice arriving in September from California/Italy. </span>Searched around the MM website but could not
find much information on the different products so I guessed and made up the
following quality chart:

1) MM Meglioli(out of my price range)

2) MM Fresh Juice Chili

3) MM Fresh Juice <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">California</st1:place></st1:State>
- how does this compare for red wines quality?

4) MM ALL JUICE(feedback has been extremely positive)

5) MM Renaissance(good reviews, safe purchase)

6) MM Riserva

Seems my google search brought up some concerning
threads/opinions from others that state "...From what i have tasted and
what i have seen, sterile must red fresh juice are usually weaker(less body)
and less "powerful" than a counterpart made from a mix of sterile
juice and concentrate (like a 16L Kit) or a pasteurized kit. </span>Since it's not pasteurized and fresh juice is
pressed and then "packed" or it start fermenting quickly, this means
that the color extracting phase (typical of "brewing" a red wine) is
shorten. usually the company use some "tweak" to gain color like
adding grape suited to color deeply the juice.

maybe you will love them (since they are less expensive than
"all juice") but don’t expect to have the higher level in
"kit". </span>But a white wine made
from fresh juice will be much more like a real commercial winery since those
are the same step as winery make. something like press, put the juice aside
from the skin and ferment (you don’t have the "flash" pasteurization
step. since white wine are usually lighter you should have the best white out
there..." </span>

Any feedback/experiences would be appreciated,

The MM Meglioli still works out to less than $7 per bottle, quite a bargain if you're shooting for a $15-20 wines. George gave me some samples from this kit and they were excellent with great body and aging potential.

We just bottled the Chilean Fresco Merlot and Can and they are definitely full bodied. They were huge favorites at my last tasting and I will be making at least 12 of the Italian/California Frozen Musts that are now available.

Be careful what you read on some of the other forums. You will find some definite "prejudice" that affects opinions. On my forum, we try to give you enough information for you to make a decision. Taste is a person to person preference and no 2 people have the same taste.

I will say that if you buy anything from a 15 liter kit and up and allow it to age 1 year, you will be pleased unless you are one of those that detects the "kit taste". If you are one of those, you need to avoid concentrate kits altogether.

I have not made the fresh juice yet but based onall the great feedback Ihave 4 on order and can't wait to get them started. Many times folks who are disappointed in wine made from concentrated kits or all juice are because they don't let it age properly. It is tough to wait at least a year or more to drink the wine you made but most times especially with reds this is what it takes for it to develop to it's full potential.

I can faintly detect "KT" in some of the WE reds I have. It was real noticeable when he wine was young. My Stag's Leap Merlot had KT and is diminished greatly (to me anyway) at 9 months. Some of it may be the power of suggestion or it could just be my undeveloped palate
smiley1.gif
. Based on my research, I am going to add 1lb of all natural raisins to my WE reds to see if that makes a difference (I've heard it helps tremendously).

As an aside, I've read the the KT is developed from the way WE pasturizes the juice. The thought is that the concentration combined with the flash pasteurizationchange the structure of some of the sugars enough so that they are difficult (or impossible) for yeast to ferment hence leaving the "jolly rancher" sweetness.

I have the All Juice Amarone clarifying now (I actually pitched the yeast 7/1) and every sip I have tried has been fabulous. I could bottle now, wait a month for the bottle shock to wear off, and be perfectly happy. I can't imagine what this wine will be like in a year, but we'll find out at Winestock 2008.

For me, nothing but All Juice and Meglioli from now on.

Latest posts

Back