Color of watermelon wine.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riperoo

Junior
Reaction score
Ok, making my first batch of Watermelon wine, got through primary and secondary fermentation well, last night after sitting in secondary fermentation for about 2 weeks, it was a fairly watermelon looking pinkish color, I added some clarifier and mixed lightly, it basically settled out all the pink color and now has dull yellow color, as my wife noted it looks like a squash wine instead of watermelon, it smell ok, a little on the strong side, but the color is not what I expected, although I googled some pictures and have seen others with a similar color, I would imagine that after I rack it a few times it is going to have a yellowish color, is that normal for a watermelon wine?

I made a batch of watermelon once. Only 1 gallon. It turned out about the color of pee. And it didn't taste much better :)

Seriously though I think my juice was "off" before I even started. But I can attest to ending up with the same color as yours.

CE

Latest posts

Back