Clearing wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well you start the wine like normal. When you rack it for the first time. Let it sit for about a week. then rack it again. This time and a pouch of Chitosan to the batch only(nothing else).let it sit for about a week. rack it this time add bentonite clay. And watch what happens. You can see the clay attach itself to the remaining particle's in the wine and fall to the bottom. All most instantly. But you have to do it in that order. If you do not it will not work. After that is done then you can add your stabilizer sorbate. So you can have clear wine in about 2 to 3 weeks. (Not months)

Ahh, hitting a wine with both positively charged and negatively charged fining agents. I'm sure nobody has ever thought of that before.

(you don't need to rack so much)

I figured this was another "Miraculous" solution story. Sorry to sound so negative but really folks. First clue was that this person has zero previous posts, brand new to WMT and has no track record of wine making that is listed in their info - Again pardon the negativity but this sort of story is why we have the ignore button.

well guys I am sorry if I offended anybody. That was not my intention. The reason this is my first post. Is because of your reactions. This is a forum. Not a hate page. sour_grapes Is the only one that did not have a negative comment. And I am not new to wine making. I have been making wine for almost 6 years. I just thought I would share something that i discovered. And yes it is a young wine. But I didn't say go ahead and drink it afterwards. You still have to let it age. I have wine that has been sitting in my wine closet for all most 2 years. So I know all about young wine. And the reason why i rack so much. Did you know that if you let the lee sit in your wine for a long time it makes your wine bitter. (It is true look it up)

well guys I am sorry if I offended anybody. That was not my intention. The reason this is my first post. Is because of your reactions. This is a forum. Not a hate page. sour_grapes Is the only one that did not have a negative comment. And I am not new to wine making. I have been making wine for almost 6 years. I just thought I would share something that i discovered. And yes it is a young wine. But I didn't say go ahead and drink it afterwards. You still have to let it age. I have wine that has been sitting in my wine closet for all most 2 years. So I know all about young wine. And the reason why i rack so much. Did you know that if you let the lee sit in your wine for a long time it makes your wine bitter. (It is true look it up)
aww , no offence, you'd not believe the times i was the one getting chewed on, as a matter of fact, I still get under most peoples skin, i only do sweet country wines, lol, ,, and proud of them, and nine times out of ten i do it on purpose, being disabled i get bored , not to mention i bulk every thing, even my skeeter pee port, all the way up to 6 to 10 years on elderberry, but i grew u around the then old timers,, they sold 6 year old elderberry, but drank 10 year old elderberry, ii reread my post about young wines, i stand by it, but should of worded it better, hell the only reason we keep
spoiled_grapes around is to keep us on the right track,
Dawg

hell the only reason we keep
spoiled_grapes around is to keep us on the right track,

I will admit that (at least) one time, I was extremely rude to a new member who posted something that I, in my stupidity, deemed to be dumb. The truth is that I was way drunk when I did it. I used private messaging as well as public posts, to apologize, and we got past it. I still regret that.

Latest posts

Back