clearing agent

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sliverpicker

Junior
Reaction score
So the wife has been bugging me to start a mead. I keep telling her we have to wait for the cider to clear...3wks time.

So at the LBS I aske if they had a finner to speed up the process. He sold me some Liquor Quick Super-Kleer K.C.

HOLY CRAP!:spm

I put in the 1st part at 8:30, at 9:30 I added the 2nd part.......10:30 there is more stuff on the bottom then I had in the 1st and 2nd ferments put together!!

Looks like I'll be bottling soon!:b

Dont be to fast to bottle. Let it sit a month before you rack NOT bottle. Just because its clear does not mean its ready to bottle.

I agree with Tom. That stuff works great but give it a week more then the instuctions to let the lees compact better so as not to disrurb them as easily when racking off and then give the wine a little more time in the carboy as it will still drop very fine sediment.

well then what was the point in using the finner!!:)

I was hoping to free up the carboy! Can't afford to buy another right now. Unless someone wants to donate one to my cause...

And is that the same advice for a cider?

It takes a while to form a firm sediment. Usint the clearing agend DOES make it faster. Just because you think it clear it is not ready for bottling.
Didnt you just stert this a couple of weeks ago?
Buy another carboy as this will make you make better wine by not rushing it to bottle.
If you are hell bent on bottling go ahead and then once bottled you will see why we are saying wait.

ya I started it on 8/26/10! the recipe said to let it sit for 2wks rack and sit for another wk, then bottle and age for 3 months.

I was told this would teach me patients:) Unfortunately I won't realize my mistakes for 3-6 months from now!!

Last edited:
So, if SWMBO says to make something for her then that should be a green light to buy another carboy. :i

So, if SWMBO says to make something for her then that should be a green light to buy another carboy. :i

Yup I agree with Tom. The best part of adding a carboy here and there once you hit about eight the swmbo quits counting. Heck I don't even have a clue how many I have any more. I pick them up on criags list and house hold sales. I just turned down a bunch of 5 gallons being sold for 15.00 each cause I am running out of room.

Dan theirs a show called hoarders. Are we becoming one of them. Always need another carboy. I have carboys on the floor now clearing while those on the table are awaiting bottling.

Steve you cant be worse than me. I have fermenting and aging carboys in THREE (3) rooms in my house.
Have you looked @ my Signature...
CA and Italian juices will be added this month and next..
Oh and I also brew BEER.

Dan theirs a show called hoarders. Are we becoming one of them. Always need another carboy. I have carboys on the floor now clearing while those on the table are awaiting bottling.

My wife just asked me yesterday where the third wine table came from in the basement.I look at her like I'm a kid and say "but Tom and Wade do it"

My wife just asked me yesterday where the third wine table came from in the basement.I look at her like I'm a kid and say "but Tom and Wade do it"
3rd wine TABLE??
How about another wine RACK?
U can blame Wade or I any time... WE have thick skin..:) :dg :d

Latest posts

Back