Cigars and Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been To Cocchias and yes its a scary place!!! I had my kids with me and there was a bum passed out 2 doorsteps down with a bottle in his hand and what looked like drug deals going down all over the place. I had to drop off a bunch of wine entries for last years comp. and pay for the Winefest ticket. I will go there again if I have to but not with any family and this time I will be strapped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gb

I bought myself a nice humidor last Christmas and I've really been enjoying a nice cigar after dinner. (Or before dinner or driving home from work who am I kidding!) There's not that much info on wine and cigar pairing out there though except full bodied with full bodied. Any fellow cigar smokers have an opinion? I had a maduro last night with a Petit sirah (Michael David Petit Petit) and it was a poor match. I think a medium bodied cigar would have been a better choice.

Joe this is a great bottle of wine 1 of my favorites,how did you like it?

Ive been To Cocchias and yes its a scary place!!! I had my kids with me and there was a bum passed out 2 doorsteps down with a bottle in his hand and what looked like drug deals going down all over the place. I had to drop off a bunch of wine entries for last years comp. and pay for the Winefest ticket. I will go there again if I have to but not with any family and this time I will be strapped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gb
Come on Wade Pete wouldnt let anything happen to his GOOD customers that buy grapes off him.:D

Seeing as how I havent bought any grapes off him I guess he wouldnt care then!:slp

Joe this is a great bottle of wine 1 of my favorites,how did you like it?

I liked it enough to buy a case last month and I bought out what they had left from the NH liquor store. I'm a big Petit Sirah fan. I went back to the cigar shop and bought a "wheel" of 25 desflorados.

Al, I looked at the write up about those cigars, apparently its a Connecticut wrapper that they cut back to concentrate the flavors. They don't put bands on them at that shop but they wrap them damn tight!

thanks Joe...it was a good cigar...now its a memory :)

how are those bottle labels coming? They should be pretty easy..i read today on the finevineswine forum that a lady placed hers in the dishwasher and the labels came off easy...just watch the paper material dont clog your drain

I started a label scrapbook with my girlfriend (go ahead and take away my man-card) and we found the best way is to bake them around 300 and use a razor blade to start them up and they peel right off.

I haven't started doing that yet, I'm trying to see if any other wine makers around me want some first. So c'mon guys return my PM or call my cell if you want some!!

(203) 687-3845

Latest posts

Back