Christmas goodies!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyT

Reaction score
So what did Santa bring everyone for Christmas? I must have been a pretty good boy this year. I got a floor corker, allinonewinepump & filter setup, another 6 gal carboy & handle, brew belt, some bottles and some corks! I have a birthday coming up in a few weeks so I might ask for a brute trash can to really get me going!

I got a refractometer and several pizza making accessories for my grill! And a 2009 Chateauneuf du Pape from my parents' trip to Provence earlier this year. :db

Last edited:
A wine pump ? not an all in one but very nice. 2 wine kits. I have never made kit wine so this will be interesting.

My wife thought she be funny and got me a piece of coal...said something about not listening and buying "more wine stuff"...I wasn't paying attention, I was too busy trying to figure out how to hang the baby's extra swing (new from my MIL) in my brew lab so I'd have more time down there :p

A meat slicer for making beef jerky and a Drone

I'm not even going to ask what you are going to do the a drone!:< but what kind of a meat grinder did you get? Mike wanted a Lem's #12, so I jokingly said this to our oldest and he bought it for him for Christmas!

Drat, no wine stuff for me. My wife and I will be taking a weekend trip to the Big Apple next month to see "Wicked" on Broadway and hopefully do some fine dining. Something she's been wanting to do for a long time.

I'm not even going to ask what you are going to do the a drone!:< but what kind of a meat grinder did you get? Mike wanted a Lem's #12, so I jokingly said this to our oldest and he bought it for him for Christmas!

I did not get a grinder. I got a Chefs Choice 610 meat slicer. Since I do not hunt I have been using 80/20 hamburger for making beef sticks. I got a 5 pound sausage press from Gander Mountain and destroyed it after about 5 batches. I took it back and got a LEM 5lb press at the Field and Stream store and it is way better (metal gears and rod going to the handle). It was the handle that stripped out. Today I made a 10lb batch of Cracked Pepper beef sticks or 66.6 feet. It will rest in the refrigerator for about 6 hours, then I'll stick it in the food dehydrator for 4.5-5 hours.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Drat, no wine stuff for me. My wife and I will be taking a weekend trip to the Big Apple next month to see "Wicked" on Broadway and hopefully do some fine dining. Something she's been wanting to do for a long time.

I live close to the city (about 40 miles as the crow files). I have seen Wicked and have to say that it is by far the best show on Broadway!

I got some tickets for a fiend that was Swiss, and she hated it. Stunned, I asked why. As it turns out, she never had seen the wizard of oz and was not familiar with the story.

Are you staying in the city? Need any recommendations?

I live close to the city (about 40 miles as the crow files). I have seen Wicked and have to say that it is by far the best show on Broadway!

I got some tickets for a fiend that was Swiss, and she hated it. Stunned, I asked why. As it turns out, she never had seen the wizard of oz and was not familiar with the story.

Are you staying in the city? Need any recommendations?

We're staying around 3rd and 52nd. We took a family trip back in June and stayed in the same area. Quite a difference than South Georgia. Recommendations would be great. Thanks JohnT.

I got a wine kit from my aunt and uncle. They went to a wine store bought a kit and even made sure to buy the labels the shrinkwrap tops and wine bottle tops for resealing but no corks which i found amusing lol. It's a cru international syrah malbec i haven't tried anything in that line so it should be interesting. A thoughtful and confusing gift from my only family members who do not drink wine and vehemently refuse to try any of my homemade alcohol...

Latest posts

Back