christmas came early!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
merry Christmas all! There was a great deal on label printers and applicators so I picked up a Primera LX900 and a primera front and back applicator. they have rebates for $300 on the printer and $100 for the applicator! now all i have to do is finish up the labels, send in to the gov't for review (maybe a month?) and then we can start bottling!!!! :try we still have a few things to get, but we can get them before the label gets back.

we have alot of work to do this spring, but i'm very excited. i really hope we can open by our target of july, but it's going to be tough. more than anything, i want to be open by my birthday in Sept.

everyone have a very merry and SAFE Christmas! absolutely no :dg and driving!!!

looks like it's going to be white here....:sn

Merry christmas to you MV - they are calling for snow in there area as well - but we will see.

Glad to see things are moving fwd for your winery!!!

Set yourself up an online label submission. It takes up to a month to get the account set up, but then you submit online. At that point it takes about a week to 10 days for review. If any corrections need to be made, you can do it immediately and often approval can come within hours.

Good luck getting into full operation. I have a conditional approval for everything now. They just need a few pictures of the winery inside and out. That is the state of NY. The feds are much quicker.

IIRC, got the permit back in late july. started actually making wine in aug. now we're up to 1500 gal. been busy!

grapeman, got the COLA setup, but thought the process took longer. well, that means we'll be waiting for our filter and bottler setup to come. we are putting alot of our purchases off till next year so that we can file them for tax deductables.

thanks for everyones encouragement. it's been tough for me this year and i have a hard spring. we haven't built our tasting room (will post progress here), had a parking lot put in, built a ramp from the lot to the sidewalk or finished the complete sidewalk. we are doing alot of the work ourselves on all of this. still, loving every minute! lol

Latest posts

Back