Chocolate wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvr06

Reaction score
Im planning on making a raspberry chocolate wine. Does anyone know how much chocolate to add for a 6 gallon batch? Also would you add it during the fermentation process? I was thinking of buying dark chocolate bars but Im not sure if thats the way to go. Any advice is most appreciated.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Wine Making mobile app

using Jack Keller's method is best especially purchasing the Dutch cocoa powder.
if you can find it locally it is sold by Penzey's spices which is available online.

If you want to cheat , make the raspberry wine, then do bench trials with Hershey Chocolate Syrup.( same stuff used to make chocolate milk) do the calculation and add to raspberry wine. the wine will need to be stirred every day to help dissolve the syrup into the wine. should be good after a week. Used to make this in a commercial winery. sold very well.

Thanks for the advice guys. Im going to try and find the dutch process cocoa powder locally first. Ill add this in preferment and go from there.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Wine Making mobile app

Latest posts

Back