Chilean juice - Cold Stabilizing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else cold stabilized their Chilean Juice? I had mine in the freezer for two weeks at 28* and did not get any fall out at all. Just wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

Guess U forgot the 3 "P's"!

Is there any sediment left?

There is no sediment. Wine is crystal clear. I am thinking there was nothing to drop as it usually goes in a few days so 2 weeks I should have seen something if there was any, right?

What Chilean you talking about? White or Red.

Need more details...

If clear why crash cold?

U in a hurry to bottle?

U need the carboy? (buy more)

I didn't, I got reisling, sauv blanc and moscato and all three are crystal clear.

Interested in whether or not any of these juice pails ever drop anything down the road.

Did these come from Luva Bella?

Yes from luva Bella. 6 months old and mine doesn't have anything dropping out. Dan and I picked up our juice the same day

Two weeks in the freezer and nothing dropped so today I bottled. I bottled white zin, muscat and pinot grist and I have to tell you they taste great. Julie thanks for the tip on the oranges as I think that made all the difference in the world.

I got a bucket of muscat this fall and I was going to let it go without the oranges but, I really liked that so I believe I will be adding oranges to that one as well.

I did not cs any of my whites from Luva Bella, I bottled both the reisling and the sauv blanc that I got this spring and still nothing is falling out. I need to bottle the muscat, nothing has fallen out of it in the last 6 weeks.

AND where have you been, they working you that much?

Did either of you check your pH/Acid level after you cold stabilized? Even though they didn't drop any crystals, I'd be curious at to whether these levels changed.

Did either of you check your pH/Acid level after you cold stabilized? Even though they didn't drop any crystals, I'd be curious at to whether these levels changed.

I checked acid level when I got them but I didn't cs.

While I didn't get my chilean juice from Luva Bella, the only one to drop any crystals was my chardonnay and it was a very small quantity after filtering.

Latest posts

Back