RJ Spagnols Cellar Cllassic Rosso Bravissimo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhattin

Reaction score
Any tweaks recommended??
I am going to try the additional raisins in secondary and some dates. Will take it to very dry and then bulk age for 4 months.
Anybody use bananas or currants??
Ric

Any tweaks recommended??
I am going to try the additional raisins in secondary and some dates. Will take it to very dry and then bulk age for 4 months.
Anybody use bananas or currants??
Ric

I've never made that wine but I have used raisins in the "secondary" of an Italian Valpola - it came out great. I'm trying banana for the first time in the secondary of my 3rd DB batch to see what it might do to the recipe.

I'm thinking currants would give very similar results as raisins, no?

Currants or raisins in secondary could be a good tweak - I've done the same with an Italian Valpolicella juice bucket. I've found that adding Tancor Grand Cru or Tannin Riche Extra has been a nice tweak to most of my red kits.

I would think the wine would be just fine without any serious tweaking.

A Chemist that wouldn't be interested in throwing something into the mix just to see what the results might be? Hasn't it been such experimentation that brought about Play Doh, Silly Putty and a thousand other useful products?
smilie.gif

Back