RJ Spagnols Cellar Classic Winery Series additions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the Bordeaux is an Australian Meritage. Yes Bord-style, but ...

Steve

Yes sorry, Bordeaux style. This Amarone should be awsome as its the only one using actual Corvina grape skins!

Pronounced like "heritage"...
Since when is "M" pronounced "H"? :? ;)

How much does the Cellar Classic Winery series compare to the En Primeur series in quality?

Last edited:
Very close, The only real difference Ive noticed is that the EP's must be a better juice as I get a bunch of wine diamonds from those kits and not much from the Winery series leading me to believe the juice is better.

It is an excess of tartaric acid that drops out of higher quality wines and forms what looks like crystals in the vessel conatining the wine and will do this much more when subjected to colder temps hence why people cold stabilize their wines.

"Cold stabilize" meaning putting it in a wine fridge? You couldn't pass it off as wine bling?

Last edited:
Most people do this in the winter for a few eeks or yes a fridge big enough to hold their batch as you want to do this before you bttle so all this isnt in your bottles.

Is it that prevalent of a problem? Is the batch basically ruined if it has crystals?

Not at all. Mnay very ood commercial wines have diamonds in the bottle.

Yes it does, the wine will be even better as some excess tartaric acid has fallen ot of suspension and thats why why commercial wieries usually cold stabilize a wine before bottling but even some ofthe best commercial wines have wine diamonds on them. It being in the bottle does not hurt your wine if thats what you are worried about but will be strike against you at a competition which is a shame if you ask me.

Cabernet Sauvignon

I have bought my first RJ Winery series Cabernet Sauvignon yesterday.
Looks very nice in the box. I do like the skin jar. Different from WE and KFS.
Is anyone drinking this one in these days?
Any aging recommendations? Keep in mind this is my first year :i

Jerry
Bottled:
Winexpert Limited Edition 2010:
Trio Blanca, African Shiraz, Australian Petit Verdo, Italian Brunello, Italian Super Tuscan with grape pack
RJ Spagnols:Chocolate Port
In progress:Packlab 23L Kits(Costco):
New Zeland Cabernet Sauvignon, Argentina Malbec
Kenridge FS:Italian Brunello, French GSM, New Zeland Cabernet Sauvignon
RJ Spagnols:Winery Series Cabernet Sauvignon with Skins (still in the box)

Last edited:
I started the Washington Merlot in May. It's still in the carboy. I'm going to bottle this month because we just bought a house and we're moving.

I plan on drinking it around Christmas. I'm going to buy the Australian Meritage next. I have heard nothing bought awesome with that kit. I'll let you know how my merlot is in a couple of months.

Oh and by the way. Should I add sulfites to it before I bottle it anyone?

Mine is 2 years old now and is very good, Id say it compares to or is better thenmost commercial $15-20 bootles. Remember when I say that there are always exeptions with some really good wines in this range as are there really bad wines in an even higher range.

Mine is 2 years old now and is very good, Id say it compares to or is better thenmost commercial $15-20 bootles. Remember when I say that there are always exeptions with some really good wines in this range as are there really bad wines in an even higher range.

Thanks Wade,
when did you open the first bottle?

Latest posts

Back