Celery Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PWP:

OH NO! I've created a monster. I guess I'll have to make another batch as well with my three gallon fermenter. Winestock: here comes the attack of the celery wine.

Actually, I'm glad you like it. It is a unique flavor, especially tasty with grilled chicken.

By the way, I also had trouble getting this wine to clear. I just tried my Buon Vino Minijet last night. I'm sure it will clear the celery wine on the next batch. I ran my 2006 Mead through the filter and it is sparkling.

You can certainly tell that it's a celery wine, but I wouldn't call it a heavy taste. Maybe you need to try a bottle of it Waldo...

This sounds really interesting. Does this wine have a per-say fresh taste, damp, watery, earthy?
<DIV id=ms__id37>Im at a stand still on the wine making and i can hear some of my empty carboys moan to be filled. Im thinken of doing some one gallon batches over the winter till i have enough play money for my firstjuice kit,"blueberry pinot noir", in january.

PolishWineP said:
You can certainly tell that it's a celery wine, but I wouldn't call it a heavy taste. Maybe you need to try a bottle of it Waldo...

I definately would not be opposed to doing so
smiley4.gif

Aaronh said:
This sounds really interesting. Does this wine have a per-say fresh taste, damp, watery, earthy?
<DIV id=ms__id37>Im at a stand still on the wine making and i can hear some of my empty carboys moan to be filled. Im thinken of doing some one gallon batches over the winter till i have enough play money for my firstjuice kit,"blueberry pinot noir", in january.
I would say fresh taste, and you can actually taste a bit of the celery. It doesn't disappear, being masked by the alcohol. I think I'll graba bunch of celery from my local grocer and start a 3 gallon batch!

I started the celery wine today. Tonight, I pitch the yeast. I'm adding some pectic enzyme this time to help with the fog that hung around last time.

What about a celery and carrot wine? Dont know what the color would turn out like. Or maybe a celery apple.

Latest posts

Back