Cellar Craft CC Premium Series Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJB

Reaction score
Hi again to all... can anyone comment on the Premium series kits? These seem something of a wildcard in the CC range. They are priced around the same as the Sterlings, maybe a bit higher, possibly due to the 16 litre format.

However, the CC catalog has little to say about each of the wines, compared with say the Showcase catalog. This makes me wonder just how good they really are.
My wife wants me to do the Emerald Riesling, as it rated as Sweetness 0.

Can anyone comment on the Premiums?

thanks in advance

Bob Bennett
Maple Vly, WA

Have not made any of the Premium, all Showcase, but they are 16L so can't get much better than that especially on the whites which many of them are. The reds have no grape pack so should be a smooth earlier drinking wine. Looks like the juice comes from alot of different sources all over the world where as the Showcase mostly comes from the greatest wine producing state in the USA! :sm

Have not had a bad Cellar Craft kit to date.

We have several retailers who consistently order the premium kits (both reds and whites) so they must be pretty good. Based on sales volume in the US, some of the more popular ones we are seeing are the Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Late Harvest Riesling, Chardonnay - Semillon, Sangiovese, Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon, and the Pousse Blanc.

Personally, I make their Pinot Grigio for my wife, who absolutely loves it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip Brant, sounds like the Grigio might do the trick. Will see if Larry's can get one for me.

Bob

That is good to hear, Brant. I am having the Chard-Semillon and the Sauvignon Blanc delivered on Friday. (My bride likes the white wines, too.) I have made a couple of the Showcase series and they were great. I was curious about the Premier series and liked both the price and the 16 liter format. I might follow some of Joe's hints and "jack up" some of the wine with white raisins or a citrus zest.

can't miss

good to see you on line rocky,if you follow the thought pattern of mine,with whites no problem ,I know that some people disagree with me on how I play with the wine ,but isn't that whats its all about playing with a hobby....I have a selections international Riesling ready to bottle .,thinking of putting together a strawberry fpac see how that turns out,just sounds good ,don't you think....:try

Hi Joe,
Strawberry Riesling sound very good! I agree that trying different angles is what the hobby is all about. In my Riesling, I added some green apple juice from Granny Smith apples and it turned out great. I want to try your orange-lemon zest on the Chardonnay-Semillon and maybe some white raisins and lemon zest in the Sauvignon Blanc. My wine is for drinking and enjoying. Where is it written that there is only one way to make a wine? The only rule is "there are no rules!"

Latest posts

Back