Cellar Craft CC Limited Release kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJB

Reaction score
Good morning to all, a few questions re the CC Limited kits...

(Some of these issues may be addressed somewhere in this forum, but I have not stumbled across it.)

1 - what is the process for ordering these? Do they have to be pre-ordered? In which case, do I place the order with my local distributor, or with CC directly?

2 - do the LR kits typically sell out, or is it likely that there are a few still "lying around" in someone's warehouse? (if so I guess one would need to check the use-by date)

3 - what do they cost? i have fuond no reference to price on any websites.

thanks in advance
Bob, Maple Vly, WA

Good morning to all, a few questions re the CC Limited kits...

(Some of these issues may be addressed somewhere in this forum, but I have not stumbled across it.)

1 - what is the process for ordering these? Do they have to be pre-ordered? In which case, do I place the order with my local distributor, or with CC directly?

2 - do the LR kits typically sell out, or is it likely that there are a few still "lying around" in someone's warehouse? (if so I guess one would need to check the use-by date)

3 - what do they cost? i have fuond no reference to price on any websites.

thanks in advance
Bob, Maple Vly, WA

Usually they are pre ordered Oct - Dec of the previous year (soon we will be pre ordering 2012 LRs) Click on the sponsor banner for Wiknemaker Toy Store and call the toll free number, they'll be great help. The retailers usually order more than their pre orders and have inventory available for several months after release. If George at Fine Vine Wines is out of the Limited Release you want do a google search and start calling all the other CC retailers. By this time of year it will be hard to find them but someone will still have one. I have gotten a LR 16 months after release. Ask the manufacturing date when you order, it's on the box. All the retailers post the prices IF they have inventory. If you need suggestions PM me and I'll send you links to some of the mail order retailers.

And BTW I have done several LR kits from CC, RJ Spagnols and Wine Expert and have loved all of them. I always select a Limited's aver the standard lines.

Last edited:
Bob,

George still has one CC LR in stock that was just released about a month ago. I would jump on it myself but I need another 6G of red wine like I need ........

It looks great and for sure not everyone will have this in their cellar. Tannat Merlot Limited Release I would think Merlot would be a good top off wine on this guy. I doubt you could find much Tannat in the wine shops. If you did it would more than likely be $$$$.

Thanks for the info guys.

Looks like that Tannat won a bazillion medals in the 2011 WineMaker Mag Competition. Never heard of it before. Oh well... think I will hold off, too many bills to pay =:O
Bob

Latest posts

Back