WineXpert Limited edition kits.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bplewniak

Reaction score
Question for everyone: typically how are the limited edition kits? Im new to the hobby and 8 kits in. Sitting in carboys are every red variety of eclipse kits with some approaching a year. I’m doing my best to build an inventory before opening bottles. This year when the LE kits come out, I’ll likely buy a few.

I was just curious how these have turned out as they are not apart of much discussion after they are initially released. How’s everyone’s experience been with these when they approach 2-4 years?

I have been happy with reds with skin packs, and (with one exception) disappointed in those without a skin pack. The one exception was an Oregon Pinot Noir; PN is, obvously, a lighter wine that didn't benefit so much from the skins.

Sour grapes pretty much nails it, just do the ones with skins. Also look at the RJS RQ and the Cellar craft passports.

Question for everyone: typically how are the limited edition kits? Im new to the hobby and 8 kits in. Sitting in carboys are every red variety of eclipse kits with some approaching a year. I’m doing my best to build an inventory before opening bottles. This year when the LE kits come out, I’ll likely buy a few.

I was just curious how these have turned out as they are not apart of much discussion after they are initially released. How’s everyone’s experience been with these when they approach 2-4 years?

If you’re building an inventory like that, try the Mosti Mondale Meglioli line, no water added, best skin pack out there, and produces really good wines, gotta let em age.

If you’re building an inventory like that, try the Mosti Mondale Meglioli line, no water added, best skin pack out there, and produces really good wines, gotta let em age.

Recommended sites for these. Labelpeelers got all my money for the eclipse line.

So Is Mosti Mondale equivalent or better than Eclipse or RJS Premiere? I’ve never heard of Mondale until today, well I haven’t heard of Fine Vines either. I’ve always used Label Peelers

So Is Mosti Mondale equivalent or better than Eclipse or RJS Premiere? I’ve never heard of Mondale until today, well I haven’t heard of Fine Vines either. I’ve always used Label Peelers

Those are the high end kits, they are all very good, to say one brand is better than another would surely be foolhardy, as everyone’s taste is different. Personally, I’ve made a bunch of the Meglioli’s and like them very much, they are purported to be 100% varietal juice from grapes, and not concentrate, are a full 23 liters that you don’t add water to, they take several years to “come around”. I’ve also made a lot of great kits from WE and RJS and like them as well. The Mosti AllGrape Packs are a great product, I’ve used them in other kits. Shop around, buy around, try the different high end kits, in the end, you win, you’ll have a selection of really nice wines and can decide what you like best.

Back