Cellar Craft CC Chateau du Pays with Grape Pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problems. I was worried as well when I read that on the inclosed instructions. I use mine on glass and the belt gets warm but not hot to the touch.

Bottling Day for CC Chateau du Pays!
smiley20.gif

Put this guy away this weekend! Little over 8 months since the BOD. Filtered with the Vinbrite. Loads of sediment from the grape pack almost all were racked off well before hand then I just didn't disturb the fine sediment until the very end. Nice color, still pretty young and will not push this guy to be an early drinker (like any of the grape pack kits could be an early drinker!) I love a good Rhone blend. They work with so many different foods, they are approachable and not "in your face"..... Nice acidity on this guy, smooth tannins, not overpowering by any means. Hints of blackberry, pepper, a little licorice perhaps starting to show through.

Been having by wino friends drink more French Rhone stuff for the bottles. Got a nice mix with raised crest on them. Will post some more tasting notes around Xmas time. Will definitely pop a cork on one of these for a Holiday meal for sure!
smiley20.gif

20100922_154852_DSC02739.jpg

20100922_154914_DSC02749.jpg

20100922_154928_DSC02757.jpg

20100922_154946_DSC02758.jpg

I love those bottles! Great job.
smiley20.gif

What's in all of those carboys Mike?

great labels - great bottles - great guy!!!!

what do you use for your label program?

rrawhide

Um

Wine!
smiley36.gif

2 of them are my recent fresh grape foray (Cabernet and Merlot) that are currently undergoing MLF.

Then we have a MM Nero D' Avola, a MM Valpolicella, CC Cab-Shiraz, MM Chilean Pinot Noir.

The Chilean PN is just about ready to bottle, just need to find the time!

I use wine labels direct dot com.

Not cheap ($0.70ea) but good quality, stand up to water, peel off easily, fast shipping.......
smiley4.gif

I've used a belt on carboy's with no problem. But I prefer a heating pad with a three setting control so thatI have a little adjustment. I make a sleeve by wrapping a heavy towel around the carboy and slip the heating pad in between the towel and the glass.

BTW do you do your white kits in winter so that you can keep fermentation temp down. I do my whites at 60 (start at 65 and drop to 60 once the yeast kicks in)

I have done them in both Summer and Winter. I try to keep them around 70-72 and not much lower. I don't want to risk a stuck fermentation and an off dry wine.

Since I am not a big white drinker I have only bottled 4 white kits to date (visit the Chateau) but have been very satisfied with the quality and outcome.

They did take a full 12 months before I thought they were "very good".

Update:

Opened the first split tonight for an apres dinner tasting. WoW! This guy is ~14 months old and is tasting and drinking wonderful. Anyone who ordered the CC 2010 LR Chateau du Pays look out.

This is a wonderful wine. Just tons of dark fruits, smooth tannins, and just a tiny hint of oak. Fruit BOMB!
smiley34.gif

Started this kit last week and its cooking like crazy. Stirring as testing daily. Can't wait. Thanks for the info!

Update on this guy. Now ~ 19 mo old. Opened a full bottle tonight and had with Schwan's boneless beef spareribs and mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach with balsamic vinegar. (Sorry no pics, this is was an easy workday meal. If you have Schwan's in your area the spare ribs are great and ready in 10 min.)

Ran this guy through the Vinturi aerator beforehand. In short this is a fantastic wine. I did not deviate from instructions. No barrel, no extra tannins, no extra oak. Its just smooth, lots of dark cherry and licorice notes. Pepper, very light oak. Perfect with the Spare ribs and the au jus that came with it.

Two
smiley20.gif
up on this guy. Wish I would have picked up the LR of this guy this past Winter. Guess my 29 bottles left will have to hold me over!

My delivery of a Chateau du Pays is expectedtomorrow. I can't wait to start it. Also getting the CC old vines zin as well for kit number 6. How long before I am not a newbie anymore?
smiley36.gif

Back