grape orders in jeopardy!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deboard, I had the same experience with the L'Uva Bella buckets this year. They were really full! I was afraid to lift them for fear of spilling the wine so I ladled out about two gallons before lifting and dumping them. Some of the fermentation was underway when I started but still my initial SGs were 1.085 (Zinfandel Royal), 1.095 (Sangiovese & Cabernet Sauvignon) and 1.100 for Pinot Grigio, which is quite high!

I first tried pouring the petit sirah into the 10 gallon fermenter, and ended up spilling some, but after that I remembered my siphon hose and just siphoned half into another bucket for the Chateau Neuf Du Pape.

The specific gravity for the Petit Sirah was 1.092 and the CNDP was 1.094.

Overall I'm pleased. As with all new winemaking experiences I learned something new and will be better prepared next time.

Wineygirl, You are going to be very pleased with your choice of Malvasia Bianca. I had a kit of Malvasia Bianca that I made partly into wine and partly into Vin Santo, a sweet dessert type wine that I gave away last Christmas. The Malvasia Bianca was wonderful and the Vin Santo is really great with biscotti and espresso!

You are so right. I tried some at the shop that they made last year and it was really good.

When I picked up my grapes they crushed and destemmed them and blended the 2 for me. I am surprised that I have about 10 gal. I was told 1order of grapes usually yields 3 gal of juice. It looks like I am going to have much more than that. This blend is the best I have ever tasted. Soft and sweet, but not too sweet. I am excited to get this in the bottle! :ib

Latest posts

Back