Cellar Craft CC California Reserve Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tasted the California Reserve Merlot, very good for so young. I plan on letting it agein bulk for a few more months. I'dbuy another one of these kits.

That's NUTS!

239 days of auction? What state is this guy in? And a reserve? I bet the reserve is high. I would NOT waste my time... Just MHO

Goofball, that's me
smiley4.gif
I'm inNorwalk, CT. $15 a carboy.

Vince said:
Goofball, that's me
smiley4.gif
I'm inNorwalk, CT. $15 a carboy.
Ohh sorry
smiley19.gif

I used to live on Ferris Ave in Norwalk by the firehouse on Rt1.
Whats the shippiong to NJ 08075? why so long a auction?

I figured I'd leave em out there forever until I sold them all. I am driving through NJ back from Philly PA this Thursday evening. If you are reasonably close toI-95 I'll deliver just let me know. I'll pm you my cell if your interested give a call.

v1rotate said:
tepe said:
You need to get more carboys NOW ! ! !
Could you tell my wife, please?

Dear Mrs. v1rotate,
Please let Mr v1rotate get more carboys. You will have much more wine to drink And, HE said he would help you drink it .

SWMBO knew this would happen.....

btw, 2-3 more won't be enough!!!

smiley2.gif

tepe said:
v1rotate said:

now did you give this note to SWMBO to read?</font>
OK, I showed her the posts. She wanted to know what SWMBO stood for and then thought I said "she who must be a babe." She liked that part, but wasn't impressed with your orders for me to get more carboys. 3 will have to do.

We are up to 11. Let her know that 3 will never do. This is a very slippery slope from "hobby" to a full blown obsession. More carboys !!! More!!!
smiley36.gif

moto-girl said:
We are up to 11. Let her know that 3 will never do. This is a very slippery slope from "hobby" to a full blown obsession. More carboys !!! More!!!
smiley36.gif

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed

LOL I have 30 carboys and now only 16 full. 66 gallons of Chilean juice due in end of the month

Vince said:
I figured I'd leave em out there forever until I sold them all. I am driving through NJ back from Philly PA this Thursday evening. If you are reasonably close toI-95 I'll deliver just let me know. I'll pm you my cell if your interested give a call.

Well guess who showed up at MY door tinight?
Yep it was Vince ! we got some of his "old" equipment and LIFTED a few glasses of Italian and Chilean wine. Some of which he as not tasted before.
Wish we could meed someplace and do this regionally.

Wade,
You should meet Vince as he is not to far from you and he has a conncetion on fresh juice.

This Thursday I had the good fortune to meet tepe, his wife and son. I was in Philly on business and returning to CT so I swung by his homestead to meet up. Shortly after few kindred words about our home town of Norwalk CT and extending a hearty welsoming tepe shows me his wine making operation. Not to put too fine a point on it but this guy got me and most of you all beat, hands down. I walked into the living room, 20 carboys there, study 15 there, dining room another 8 I stopped counting at 50. I'm thinking to myself "this guys is to wine like Willy Wonka is to candy" but no, it doesn't stop there, we haven't even gotten to his cellar yet.

As we traverse the stairways of the beautiful converted 1800's country store I see a row of cases.......then another one. My eyes do a quick case count and 100 is about all I can keep track of without leaving my jaw noticibly on the ground. California, Chilean and Italian varietals 04, 05, 06, 07 everywhere on stainless wine racks all whispering "pick me! pick me!". Every bottle is meticulously labeled and capsuled. We hone our sights on a Chilean Cabernet Merlot (80/20) blend and a Tempranillo, that took ten minutes alone becasue there were so many different wines to choose from I felt like a kid on Christams morning. We journey back upstairs to the inviting open air kitchen and uncork them both as I look forward to this carftsman's labors.

Tempranillo has great body, floral nose and buttery as all heck. Its rare when I drink a white and the roof of my mouth feels buttered like when one takes a sip of cream so I know malo has done its job well here. This is my first taste of Tempranillo and boy it's a benchmark to live by. I'm a red guy through and through yet I find myself pouring another glass just to get a "second opinion". :)

Now I have some Chilean wine experience in both generous "testing" and making so I am looking forward to the Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot blend from the moment it called my name. Mentally I'm bowing to tepe as not to overdue the praise but hell it just keeps spilling out. An encompassing fruity nose, smooth across my entire pallete and clean silky tannin finish. Just the right acids and astrigency levels where i really enjoy it on its own as well as knowig it will pair perfectly with a carb and protein rich meal. Not to dilute the meaning and the bonding of this wine to my soul nor the experience with words only wine drinkers use, I simply love this wine.

Great conversation flows easily and I find myself wishing I could camp out here for a while and take it all in. I'm loving the wines alot but elect to excersise extreme discretion as I have 3 hours on the road in front of me. I bid tepe and his gracious wife goodbye and head off to wrestle I-95 back to CT. As I drive I contemplate calling Wade and running my mouth but I'll save that for another post.

Tepe, thank you once again for inviting and welcoming me into your home. I had a great time and a hope to do so again.

P.S. Wade, let the Mrs. know I'll be kidnapping you for a ride down to tepe's place soon. :)

Vince, nice description. You make us all wish we lived closer to NJ. Tepe, it sounds as though you may have to open a spare room or two to put up your visitors. You have fans!
smiley32.gif

I hope you have a good security system installed cause me and Vince are renting a Uhaul truck!
smiley36.gif
i have exchanged wines with Tepe and have popped the cork on a Blueberry wine and it was a darn good bottle if I dont say so my self, 1 i would be proud to have another few bottles of hanging on my shelves.

wade said:
I hope you have a good security system installed cause me and Vince are renting a Uhaul truck!
smiley36.gif
i have exchanged wines with Tepe and have popped the cork on a Blueberry wine and it was a darn good bottle if I dont say so my self, 1 i would be proud to have another few bottles of hanging on my shelves.

I have 2 great security systems
1st is my 2 best friends Smith &amp; Wesson
2 my a state of the art security system the latest D O G System. Very hard to get past BOTH.
LOL
Thanks for the great review Vince.

Latest posts

Back