Candy Cane wine Recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:u
OK, I have my answer....you can't call it Candy Cane wine unless it's made from Candy Canes.
Othewise, it's just peppermint flavored Niagara.

I don't think you can call it candy cane wine unless you take the wrappers off of everyone one of those freakin candy canes!!!!!! :>

That's what I plan to do this weekend when the Grandkids come for a visit.
They may eat a few, but it'll save me the aggravation.....hopefully.

All I can say is have fun taking the wrappers off...LOL

Once you open the 1st one you will understand why.

Like someone said earlier in this thread put them in the freezer and they come off much easier.

How clear did most of your Candy Cane wine turn out? I hope to bottle mine before CHRISTmas.

I am thinking of starting a batch here soon. The wife has expressed interest in trying it. I have one recipie printed out from the thread, but it says maybe it is better to just make a batch of Welches white crap and pepermint flavor to it. After what everone has learned through the process of making this which way would you make it again?

Dave

Candy Canes !

the other is peppermint FLAVORED wine...lol

I will go the candy cane route, so it will be the real thing. Now I got to go get them canes. I am sure it will be good.

Thanks
Dave

Here's the pic and today i'm going to rack & filter to see if it clears any. If not what would be a good clearing agent to use on this?

Candy cane wine 12-18-11.jpg

Has anyone started buying canes yet? if so, any good prices? the local walmart still has them for $.98/12 (6oz).

they don't usually cut the prices until after Christmas

Yes after Christmas you can get them for a quarter a box in some places. I bought a bundle last year. Still sitting on the shelf at home.

thanks for the update. It's a bit of a drive for me to make it into town, but will keep my eyes open.

Latest posts

Back